Tractor plus 3pt chipper plus trailer?

richy_B

8 hours ago, LGP Eddie said:

I used to be able to drop my Farmi onto an Ifor when required, a hydraulic top link is the secret.

Eddie.

That would be ideal, not sure I've got enough height on mine though. 

I can just about lift the chipper with the multione so the plan will be to have that, knockabout grapple and chipper on a trailer behind. Once set up I feed the chipper with the grapple. Chipper is remote control as well so a nice little set up.  Excavator can't lift the chipper though. 

21 hours ago, woody paul said:

Those A frames are quick but if you have hook arms not to bad of job dropping things off, if you find a trailer which is low enough to drop draw bar to ground and back up and drop chipper on front of trailer and then put digger or loader on from back.

Yeah, I saw these before on eBay and thought it might be useful for this kind of thing.  I have mulcher that is pretty hefty and thought it might be easier on the tractor to carry it on a trailer and hook it up rather than have it bouncing along on the linkage at 40k. 

Screenshot_20191023-202607_eBay.jpg

1 hour ago, richy_B said:

Yeah, I saw these before on eBay and thought it might be useful for this kind of thing.  I have mulcher that is pretty hefty and thought it might be easier on the tractor to carry it on a trailer and hook it up rather than have it bouncing along on the linkage at 40k. 

Screenshot_20191023-202607_eBay.jpg

Yes and not a lot of brass either. My mulcher is 1250kg 

Thing is though nowadays loads of tractors won't even feel that weight!

2 minutes ago, swinny said:

Yes and not a lot of brass either. My mulcher is 1250kg 

Thing is though nowadays loads of tractors won't even feel that weight!

I definitely feel it on the Dorado! Its got quite a bounce if you have anything over a ton on the back. 

yeah, to the max. It's a great tractor on site - Low COG and feels really stable on the rough stuff. I mainly run a seppi miniforst and zanon flail on it. Brilliant combo. Its just at 'quicker' road speeds you feel it. 

It's runs the farmi 260 ok so far. Just run it at 540 and keep the stress on low.