Anchor for winching

Con

Sonds dodgy, but depends on factors. How much of a pull witll you need to exert? Of what is the house constructed? What kind of anchor? If we're talking rawlbolts, you can Googe the load rating of different bolts, resin, conpression sleeve etc. If you spread the load between several bolts equally, via a series of pullies, it will help. But also need to consult engineering info about the load rating of substrate etc. Rawlbolts are pretty strong, I've pulled a big stone out a creek bed with one drilled in, with a chain hoist suspended from a nearby tree. It all depends on the load. If it's to just get a small leaner over, and the line angle is optimal, the load won't be that much. 

35 minutes ago, Haironyourchest said:

Sonds dodgy, but depends on factors. How much of a pull witll you need to exert? Of what is the house constructed? What kind of anchor? If we're talking rawlbolts, you can Googe the load rating of different bolts, resin, conpression sleeve etc. If you spread the load between several bolts equally, via a series of pullies, it will help. But also need to consult engineering info about the load rating of substrate etc. Rawlbolts are pretty strong, I've pulled a big stone out a creek bed with one drilled in, with a chain hoist suspended from a nearby tree. It all depends on the load. If it's to just get a small leaner over, and the line angle is optimal, the load won't be that much. 

the more fixings into the house, the more house he'll pull down 

just don't do it, but if he does, video it for steve and me!!!

Edited by Stihl123

43 minutes ago, Haironyourchest said:

By which time u may as well just get a proper ground anchor?

• Like 1

Made my day this one!?

However if it was detached or the garage is, you’d get away with wrapping a rope right around the base of it and protect any corners.

Burying half a sleeper in a slit trench a bit like the spare wheel technique would provide a serious anchor, it’s what’s holding a lot of electricity poles up.

Eddie.

Concrete, mortar, bricks etc great under compression, really poor under tension which is what you will be putting brickwork under.
Milk float ran into house locally a few years back and moved whole house on foundation.
Got to be the most stupid idea that I've ever seen posted on here.
YouTube is full of stupid ideas, one more coming up!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, difflock said:

This was definately stupider.

DARWINAWARDS.COM

Darwin Award: Wacky Welder: The tale of Howard Miller, 39, professional welder, illustrates the pitfalls of ignoring high school chemistry with a time-saving invention. Miller spent...

Very sketchy use of the word "professional" here...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ForestryFinance said:

Very sketchy use of the word "professional" here...

As someone who has, bytimes "executed unorthodox operations", and survived unscathed, even I am VERY aware of the bomb-like nature of a mixture of Oxygen and Acetlyene, especially when under pressure.

Presumably yer "professional" "borrowed" the mixture of gases from his place of work.

Edited by difflock

Let's not be dicks to the OP. He was being inventive. I've often considered doing similar. Eddie's idea is the closest to the one I'd probably go with. Scaffold boards on the house corners and a length of rope round the whole thing.

• Like 1