Old trucks for export.

benedmonds

Same Romanian is coming back for our other tired 2005 Iveco.  We have not bothered servicing, MOTing or even removing logos, it's nice and easy and I believe we can charge nil VAT as it is going to export.

Not sure I would fancy the job driving them the 1600 miles across Europe.

My Mitzy pinin was rusting away and that went East a few years ago also with all the signwriting. I imagine a fleet of old canopy vehicles driving around Romania..  

• Like 1

Remove sign writing, once its left your hands you have no control of it!

Won't say which company, but an employee for a contractor put an old company work top in a clothing  bank. A period of time later an ISIS style rebel was on TV wearing it being interviewed. To him it was just a piece of clothing, to the company it was their worst nightmare.

• Haha 1

A high mileage GreenMech Isuzu Rodeo went to Cyprus and a similar Ranger went to Namibia - they even sent me some pictures of it there! Our old Wagon and Drag went to eastern Europe too. I now got to flog a 10 plate Ranger off the fleet - engine gone. Not the usual problem but the pulley end of the crank has parted and it is an interference engine! They may take it abroad - going on Auto trader later!

I put my broken L200 on Facebook marketplace and got a phonecall within 3 minutes. Bloke was Romanian, turned up the next day with Cash. Claimed to be a car dealer. Tried to tell me that the engine had gone and money should be deducted. I explained that was the reason it was advertised as Spares or repair. 

I'll keep an eye out on the 10 O clock news for it. Make a nice change for it not to be on Rouge Traders.

There’s a vehicle dismantler near here that has a lot of Eastern European’s working in it. They chop up insurance write-off cars that aren’t allowed back onto the road in the uk and subsequently have to be destroyed, but cut them in such a way that they can ‘cut and shut’ them using a good front end with a non-damaged rear. They are all loaded into artics and I can only assume head east for a rebuild.... 

I also bought a van off a firm who also import/export cars all over the world - transporting super-cars in and out of the Middle East etc. In the corner of their yard were some terribly smashed up vehicles including a pretty new Hilux that looked as though it had rolled down a mountain - no part of it was straight. Apparently these were sent to India by one of their customers, where they would be fixed and re-sold.

• Like 1