Band roller bearings

gobbypunk

Hi guys I have just changed the nylon bushes on my HM 130 and now I want to change the band roller bearings where do you all get yours and do they have a code number .Also having trouble tracking the band I started the mill and tried to make a cut forgetting that I had not tightened the tracking bolts up now the tracking is way out and it all being new to me kinda struggling a bit anyone who has one fancy coming and giving me a hand ,that would be ace 

Thanks Mark 

Hi, if it's a regular bearing the numbers are usually etched on the side of the outer race, I now usually buy bearings on fleabay....generally the easiest way to get them.

If you can't see numbers, measure the bearing with vernier calipers and google for a match, cheers.

3 hours ago, gobbypunk said:

Hi guys I have just changed the nylon bushes on my HM 130 and now I want to change the band roller bearings where do you all get yours and do they have a code number .Also having trouble tracking the band I started the mill and tried to make a cut forgetting that I had not tightened the tracking bolts up now the tracking is way out and it all being new to me kinda struggling a bit anyone who has one fancy coming and giving me a hand ,that would be ace 

Thanks Mark 

Mark when I switched to the ripper blades I found they were slightly longer and had to reset the whole tracking/tensioning wheel a good bit further out. It’s a bit of a head f///k to get it right but once I’d watched it on YouTube a couple of times  and actually took a look at the whole concept of how it works it’s not too bad. You got the original manual??. Basically you need the wheel to hit true just as you hit the required torque setting. Mind you I’ve ran plus or minis a couple of nm either side with no ill effects. Possibly you have goosed the existing blade too, 

First time I fitted a ripper37 band it took me nearly an hour to track but since then (nearly 3 yrs) I've never had to touch the tracking when fitting a new blade.

Just changed the belt on the follow wheel for the first time, had to do a slight adjustment to the tracking but took less then 20mins to get right.

If in doubt refer to the user manual, if you haven't got one then you can download it from the main woodland mills site.

• 1 year later...
12 hours ago, Josh Purton said:

Sorry to bring up an old thread but wanting to change the bearings on the band roller, having just ordered belts but not bearings direct from WM to save the aggro of another order, does anybody know the sizes off hand so I can get some off fleabay.

thanks

Just take bearings off and take them to engineering bearing factor, they will probably have them on shelf, not dear parts. K