What size radiator

58 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

25 degrees??? Why would you want it that hot 

51 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

It's not always that hot, it's only 24.1 according to the digital thermometer ATM, Alex came round on the weekend and commented on how warm it is in here. I won't be cold, or hungry, been both in the past, never again.

He's not lying. Every time I've opened the door it's hit me like opening an oven. Southerners.

Based on our office, 2000w will be plenty - say what you can get from a single plug.

For outside office I would suggest to get two heaters though, one about 500w that you leave on a low setting all the time and then another that you have at a comfort setting on the stat which can either turn on yourself when you're in there or have a built in timer if you keep regular hours.

Having the low heat all the time stops it getting too cold over weekends and holidays, if that happens it can start to get damp and then all the paper curls up, your printer stops working, books don't sit flat etc etc.

1 hour ago, Dan Maynard said:

Based on our office, 2000w will be plenty - say what you can get from a single plug.

For outside office I would suggest to get two heaters though, one about 500w that you leave on a low setting all the time and then another that you have at a comfort setting on the stat which can either turn on yourself when you're in there or have a built in timer if you keep regular hours.

Having the low heat all the time stops it getting too cold over weekends and holidays, if that happens it can start to get damp and then all the paper curls up, your printer stops working, books don't sit flat etc etc.

Yes agreed, or cheaper in the long run to get a smallish de-humidifier.  Will cost more up-front but much cheaper to run.  A 10 litre per day model would be plenty.

On 15/10/2019 at 18:51, eggsarascal said:

I've got a 2kw oil filled heater in my box, it keeps it around 25 degrees. It can always be turned down mind. If I was buying new I'd buy one with a built in fan, I think they call them turbo fans.

The only thing I would say about this is that some of the fans can be a little loud. We would advise shopping about :)

Couple of comments

The charts are ore for radiators - which in turn you work out the size of voler you need - not so relevant for an electric heater wth a thermostat (got to get radiators right, a pain I guess if you have them too small an need to upgrade. and possoly upgrade the boiler too). For elctric heater ig you et it too small it is chea enough tojust buy a second one.

Infrared heating to make it cheaper? Never convinced by threse tyes of claims, if you want the room to be 20 degC, or 25 deg C. then you need to put in the same amout of energy. Sure - if you arn't moving about shie an infrared heater at your desk, but as soon as you move about the room you'll feel cod again. Also in a garage, you want some warmth in the ar to stop things getting damp - so go with a fan heater

One thing to note, if the office is not occupied, do make sure that the heater won't overheat anything when you leave, with a fire hazard.

To answer, yes oil filled, 2.5kw sounds OK. Since it is oil filled it will take a wile t heat the room first thing but will retain its heat in the evening when yu shut up and kee the office warmer overnight