New saw, pdi check at full revs on first start...! Really..

wakefield tree surgeons

36 minutes ago, wakefield tree surgeons said:

Yep..!! i spoke to stihl direct today,, in request of replacement or money back... as its a day old,, i im propsing,, its damaged from pdi check misconduct.....

Yet to get a reply...  seddons are refuseing any of the above...  Stihl wont hold there hands up for replacement...  Havent got the time to play games,,  But hay-ho here we go...

Thanks for all the info...  

They dont like it up em....!!!  but can give it,,

Keep at em. its the only way you,ll get anywhere,i would have thought a good dealer would lend you a suitable replacement saw if you deal with them anyway,mine has before now,until issue is resolved

• Sad 1

O.K Here we go,, just got of the phone from stihl (direct) to be told its not there issue,, the issue is with the dealership ( seddons )  They ( stihl )  take No actions,,  whatever the situation...

Seddons are refuseing to replace,, only repair  2month waiting...  Even thou they mite of blown up a new saw,,,  or its just faulty....  

Stihl are aware of this post on arbtalk... and dont care...!  And thats public relations....!

• Sad 1

If thats the attitude finish with em and get a Husqvarna 

2 minutes ago, wakefield tree surgeons said:

O.K Here we go,, just got of the phone from stihl (direct) to be told its not there issue,, the issue is with the dealership ( seddons )  They ( stihl )  take No actions,,  whatever the situation...

Seddons are refuseing to replace,, only repair  2month waiting...  Even thou they mite of blown up a new saw,,,  or its just faulty....  

Stihl are aware of this post on arbtalk... and dont care...!  And thats public relations....!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wakefield tree surgeons said:

Do you no i like huskys..  just seem to have a little bother with em....  254xp that was a saw...

Still got a 254xp going strong,but you dont get much bother with the new ones, at least i find i don,t anyway,

• Like 2

Goods not fit for purpose under the sale of goods act, it's pretty simple.
If they don't want to refund then issue county court proceedings.
They are only allowed to repair if you let them, once you do that it isn't so easy to get a refund.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EdwardC said:

Speak to your local trading standards.. i found them very helpful, good advice.

Depends on your council, ours are very unhelpful.

You do need to be careful with these laws as they don't give the same protections in business to business transactions.

There is plenty of advice online from Which? and Citizens Advice if you're a personal customer.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Paul in the woods said:

You do need to be careful with these laws as they don't give the same protections in business to business transactions.

To clarify this I would still try and use the Consumer Rights Act (it replaces sales of goods etc) as if I was a personal consumer. Just be aware that there are differences for businesses.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act

Edited by Paul in the woods

As mad and frustrating this situation is for you, I can understand stihl's stance.
I.e. You ship a new Saw to a dealer.
That's it.
What happens after is down to the dealer.
Might be an idea to have a sit down and chat with your dealer about how to move forward on this.
Sympathies with your situation, but remaining calm and professional will get you further than growling (at this point).
Let us know how it pans out.
Good luck
[emoji106]
  • Sad 1