New saw, pdi check at full revs on first start...! Really..

wakefield tree surgeons

Heres a thought,,, having purchased many saws from new,, watching this happen at my local stihl dealers,, with my new saw,, he pdi checked it...! 

Fuel up /oil then start,, wacked it up on full revs ( first start mind)  for what seemed like 20/30 seconds,, No warm up / tick over period...

Turned it of then passed me it.....  Really...!    or do we find that exeptable with your £1000.00 saw.. 500i...

Thoughts on this one...  may be this is why my new ms151 didnt run correct on site....  after one day,, of little use its back in for repair,, because its fucked....

Stihl dealer,  Seddons / castleford / west yorkshire

• Sad 2

Oh i dont think that is good practice at all ! i would,nt even do that with a saw thats 1 , 2 ,3 year old, and these young lads that come working with us one thing i do tell them is start saw blip throttle let it tick over 15-20 secs then build it up to full revs, if you want to rev the bollox out of it when its stone cold go and buy your own saw there is no need for it, its a look at me with this big saw and all this noise i can make, if the bloke in the shop did that in front of me i would of taken a photo of sticker with numbers on and asked him to get me another unit and asked him why he did what he did ? i dont think it would say to do what he did in the owners manual ? if he has done that with your 151 that may be your problem ?,

• Like 2

Just now, wakefield tree surgeons said:

Yep..!! spoken to stihl (main) and reported this issue..  And there looking into it..!!!  

Meanwhile i have a two month wait for my (new) saw back... as they have to see if they can repair it...WTF........  its brandnew...

My phone is still glowing red...!!! 

F@@k that tell em to shove it and have your money back

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, wakefield tree surgeons said:

No, money back.... lets try and repair,, i was told...... i was soon told to leave before the police arrived.... im dont have a happy head.....   Seddons castleford,, for your free pdi check.. and complete f''@ck up saws... 

Not fit for purpose . Money back . They should sell them as " spares or repair " parts only !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You have 30 day not fit for purpose returns on brand new! No arguments, send it back, and send an email with dates and times stating also with reasons why for rejection to them. Its consumer law and your well within your rights. They can and are allowed to advise you that they can repair satisfactorily, but it has to be within the 30 days, the fact they have said two months is in your favour straight away!

• Like 3

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
This is stihl standard policy!
They won't hand over a Saw without a full rev test.
I've tried buying my saws without this test, but was told no warranty without it.
That's every stihl Saw in the country.
[emoji12][emoji106]

• Sad 2

Yep..!! i spoke to stihl direct today,, in request of replacement or money back... as its a day old,, i im propsing,, its damaged from pdi check misconduct.....

Yet to get a reply...  seddons are refuseing any of the above...  Stihl wont hold there hands up for replacement...  Havent got the time to play games,,  But hay-ho here we go...

Thanks for all the info...  

They dont like it up em....!!!  but can give it,,

• Like 2