Wtf do i do next then?

stihlmadasever

20 hours ago, wakefield tree surgeons said:

Write a book on it (life as a retired arborist)...   And its non-benifits..

But dont become a drug dealer- too many people will be sniffing at your finger..  

At 47 im a bit young for retirement but i like the finger sniffing thing....

Theres a pokey bum wank joke in there somewhere, but it'll take a Bolamesque sense of humour to find it...

Edited by stihlmadasever
  • Haha 5

I'd take the ARB/GM Management role with your current employer. You'll know the tricks you and the mower teams pull on the manager yet have proper knowledge on current rules and regs, and best practice as well as having years of practical experience.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PeteB said:

I'd take the ARB/GM Management role with your current employer. You'll know the tricks you and the mower teams pull on the manager yet have proper knowledge on current rules and regs, and best practice as well as having years of practical experience.

There are no vacancies in these positions.

If i stay in the council its chargehand on the grounds maintenance squads or in a litter squad....

I dont fancy either tbh.

Im thinking Irata perhaps...?

Weigh up leaving the LA land and going into the private sector/IRATA, and chargehand starts to look attractive, at least you can go up from there! I too would give litter job a wide berth too! Any driving jobs going? Would they pay for retraining?

1 hour ago, Haironyourchest said:

See if the council will put you on a MEWP and give you battery powered equipment? Or buy your own, and go self employed as Hight For Hire, doing house painting, gutters, roof repair, tall hedges, etc.

Got my mewp ipaf ticket and we have some battery equipment just not chainsaws,dunno why!

1 hour ago, PeteB said:

Weigh up leaving the LA land and going into the private sector/IRATA, and chargehand starts to look attractive, at least you can go up from there! I too would give litter job a wide berth too! Any driving jobs going? Would they pay for retraining?

Im at chargehand level just now and the scope for progression within the council is nil.

The problem is weve recently merged with another council as "shared services" so many positions such as team leaders, TO's and minor management positions are being reduced in a bid to cost cut.

Fair do's but the timing for me, is shite!

Realisticaly im lookin at jackin the council and going elsewhere.

I was lookin at Irata earlier and its interesting me

Edited by stihlmadasever