Cost to install root barriers

Woodwanter

Question

My insurance are taking ages to resolve an issue, I have a weeping willow about 20 m for a listed house which is suffering from subsidence.

Their lazy answer was to fell the tree. The haven’t done any soil tests, just a few movements. We are on clay, there will be slim to no footings, it’s  been two dry summers, what did they expect! I’m sure the willow is not helping things out but I don’t think felling it will fix the problem.

Access is easy, id like to learn firstly what depth I need to go to help sever the link between them and secondly, what cost and what materials are needed. I possibly have the plant to assist in this, I know the quote for felling and have a bit of clout with the insurers but would welcome some costings?

TYIA

1 hour ago, Gary Prentice said:

I just remember the pictures :001_rolleyes: After someone reads the words to me I forget them...

It's a Senior Moment- I got in shower last night an thought I had gangrene in my feet..... gf said " why you still got yr socks on  ?? " k

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, openspaceman said:

How I wish I could share a shower with a girlfriend again ?

I think you will find when the involuntary incontinence kicks in,  in the shower - sharing ain't on the agenda mate ;) k

Edited by Khriss
......2 pages to derail a thread ???? I must be losing my touch !!

I have done a couple with an engineer monitoring the works . He made us go down 1mtr below any roots we found which in the last case was 5mtr we lined the trench with polythene and filled with c25 concrete to within 50mm of ground level. the width of the trench was 450 wide that was the narrowest we could get away with at that depth with the machine. Both jobs were successful but took a couple of  years to balance themselves out. As regards cost it obviously depends on the depth you have to go to that one was around 30m long and was around 5k in 2005. Took 3 days total so not to big a job.