462 or 572xp

woodwizzard

I know neither have been out that long, but are they proving reliable so far and people happy with them. Thinking about a kind of do-it-all saw and either of these two would fit the bill, just can't decide which one. Been impressed with my 560xp, so quite keen on the 572, but the lighter 462 looks tempting.

Edited by woodwizzard

If you like your 560 I would get a 572. We've got both and the 572 feels like a bigger 560 to use. Ours runs nicely with a 24inch bar and and is light enough that I can use it for general work as well as stumping the big stuff that we bought it for. 

• Like 1

I've never ran a husky, but I am hopelessly in love with my 462 - we had a 441 before, and this is a different animal indeed. Great balance, rips anything with a 20" bar, runs the 28" quite well too. 
Not to bad with the fuel either, i felled a 14 meter birch, 20" diameter, large crown. Did half the tree climbing, felled the rest, cut it all up, and as i came out of the last cut, it ran out. Perfect timing ;)

1 hour ago, markrufrider said:

u can't go wrong with either really there both very good saws personal preference but i did hear people saying that the clutch on the 572 wasn't great 

I think it was the clutch cover breaking rather than the clutch itself ... could be wrong .

2 minutes ago, markrufrider said:

yes i think you are right i stand corrected i just heard it was something on the clutch side going i hope the rectified the issue 

Takes a few knocks when sneding .  Casting a bit thin I think .