Old Style Avant Multiplus 20

marne

Good evening,

anybody has some experience with those really old style avants? They where made in the end of 90s and pop up from time to time for a reasonable price and sometimes even in good shape. 
I'm a bit tempted because they have no plastic panels, are stupid simple, a little shorter, a little lower and a bit narrower than the current models, while except the lifting hight, the performance seems similar to the latest models.

Which gives me the most worries is the chain drive for the wheels, probably something where play comes in and something more to maintain.

Anybody familiar with these old loaders?

http://www.solhem9.se/broschyrbank_entreprenad/Avant_Tecno_Multi_Plus.pdf

Many thanks 

marne

Edited by marne

The chain drive makes for less pushing power and not a smooth drive, the chain drives can fill up with mud, they need more looking after. The later 520 multiplus have direct drive. In my opinion you can’t go wrong with one all the parts can be bought aftermarket, the pumps can be rebuilt as can the valve block, the kubota engine is used on many generators and can be found with low hrs very reasonably priced. They go on for ever and seem to keep there value.

• Thanks 1

Maybe the pedal balance unit is worn £250 I think one of the few bit you need to get from avant, if you take the front panel of mud can build up around the pedals so stopping them returning to zero. There is also two grease nipples that might need a couple of pump. You don’t say how old the machine is I’ve had wheel motors break down on the old machines and destroy all the seals usually shown by the arm and bucket rams slowly going down under load with the machine turned of and the machine slowly moving down hill when parked

• Thanks 1

Many thanks again dumper for your reply, it was a 1999.

The possible problems you stated and the fact that the machine needs work, will let me steer away from it I think.

It's only 7k excl. vat, but something tells me that one means trouble. So maybe better to add a bit and wait for the later model or something completely different like a Dingo. Always too many choices.

I think 99 was direct drive. they seem to depreciate to about £7000 then stick there. The avant will outclass the dingo every which way. The dingo or kanga loaders are toys in comparison. I think the metal bodied avants are the most usable,smaller and more nimble than the newer plastic with very much the same performance if you could get it for a bit less you should have a good machine 

you can get a new one made in Latvia for £12000 ish on eBay 

• Thanks 1