TPO appeal

kevinjohnsonmbe

15 minutes ago, EdwardC said:

Not so sure it was lucky as my partner knew of the buyer and understood planning. It most certainly wasn't lucky for my Godfather. But, had the buyer been honest they may have received a better outcome. Claiming they owned the property wasn't a good move.

Luck, like happiness, is overrated, unless you're Teela Brown.

Hells teeth Mr C, are you a glass half empty kind of guy?

Firstly, I had no idea who Teela Brown was (still don’t) so Googled it (but mistyped as Tesla Brown and the first hit was Joshua Brown (Tesla test driver) first recorded fatality of ‘autopilot’ motor vehicle accident.  I’m guessing he’d agree that you make your own luck - if he was still alive and able to make a contribution. 

But - “...luck, like happiness, is overrated...”

Have you had a bad day? How can happiness be overrated? 

The only way I could get anywhere near that is by considering the cataclysmic hangover I’ve nursed all day as a consequence of my uncharacteristic over indulgence at the bar last night. 

But that’ll be gone by tomorrow and I’ll be back on form. 

Im a miserable bastard at the best of times but even I’d stop short of stating happiness is overrated. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, EdwardC said:

I'm definitely a glass half empty person. I paraphrased the happiness thing. It should be "Happiness is very rare and totally overrated” and is attributed to Deborah Mitford.

Teela Brown is a character who was born/genetically bred to be lucky and appears in several books by the science fiction writer Larry Niven.

Bloody hell, paraphrasing the Mitford dynasty.... That’s a bit of a shocker. 

I was chatting to a geez last night who was incredibly sage. 

I’d seen him in the gym earlier and admired his exceptional skipping skills. Black guy, failed boxer but reinvigorating his former ambitions via white collar boxing. 

We had the whole ‘glass’ conversation. I’m a bit - there’s a glass, what you do with it is up to you sort of person. He was more of a - keep bringing the glasses and I’ll keep filling them sort of character. 

Up shot was, we went from 11PM TO 3AM in what seemed like the blink of an eye, I’ve felt like shit all day, barely managed to drag myself off the sun lounger and beer feels like a pint of broken glass tonight. 

Im more of a "my glass is empty - an its yr round fella" but then i claw it back by doing massive favours. But not today- worn out by wandering around Town n the Gormley. But will give my ha'penny worth on this which is T & C P Act weren't written to give a blunt instrument to use  fr wot yr house is notionally worth. K

Bet they are money-grabbing Southerners! 

Actualy, one of my consultancy recommendations is 'get a management plan done' once passed, means save a lot of hassle over consent and yr 'duty of care' is writ large there. ( plus money in my pocket! Tightfisted Northerner, I) K

1 hour ago, Khriss said:

T & C P Act weren't written to give a blunt instrument to use  fr wot yr house is notionally worth

True, obv’s K, but....

Like LR ceasing production of the Defender wasn’t intended to hyper inflate the late 2nd hand market, but it still did. 

Supply, demand, timing and associated circumstance. 

The ‘decent’ thing to do would have been the uplift clause. They tried it on and got rumbled. 

• Like 1