Tracked mini loader

dumper

On 13/10/2019 at 11:18, dumper said:

The panel is a 400kg sliding gate to lift into position is usually by a hiab, I would allow for four men minimum given the height, They are assembled in parts bottom track then the top welded on in panels, This one was hit by a car and had bent the track, its in a school so we had to take it to a safe area before we could cut or grind, these jobs are mostly done during school holidays , this one couldn’t wait.

A 1.5t mini digger won’t be lifting 400kg at far reach- which is what it will require to get enough height. So really they’re not comparable machines at all for this job.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dumper said:

The client gives me about a hundred and twenty thousand pounds of work a year, a new supervisor has started and is trying to make an impression,  I wanted to check my facts and figures before I started to make waves, I thought my rate was very reasonable and the replies to this thread have confirmed my thoughts I now have ammunition to reason my case

A polite yet firm email with sample rates from a hire company for both a mini digger and a tracked or wheeled loader of some kind should do the trick. Telling them to shove it but politely is a useful skill!

Good luck mate.

• Like 1