Tracked mini loader

dumper

I’m on £100/day plus vat, delivery and fuel for my little Schaffer loader if there operating, however I charge it at £80/day if I’m using it on a job myself provided I’m not on it all the time and the customer is paying day rate rather than on price. Tbh any less than that and it’s not worth it, makes more on priced jobs or left at home.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ty Korrigan said:

I think you need to upsell the use of your machine, all costs and depreciation covered with a healthy margin for a decent profit.

I see many guys working their businesses at cost only.

Stuart

I take that on board and may need to revisit my figures

6 hours ago, Ty Korrigan said:

I think you need to upsell the use of your machine, all costs and depreciation covered with a healthy margin for a decent profit.

I see many guys working their businesses at cost only.

Stuart

Agreed, I consider it like buying a job, paying for something to do.

There are people who retire thinking they’ve done ok (purely because they’ve remained solvent and paid the mortgage) and have missed out on hundreds of thousands of pounds purely through naive pricing.

I’m not excluding myself from that either, though I hope I’m getting better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

There are people who retire thinking they’ve done ok (purely because they’ve remained solvent and paid the mortgage) and have missed out on hundreds of thousands of pounds purely through naive pricing.

I resemble that remark but know I missed out that way.

• Like 1

£70 a day or £250 a week sounds about right. The word “hire” throws in a few problems, I suppose a well worded contract that covers things like panel damage , chopped up tracks , cleaning charges, low fuel surcharges along with copies of the customers hired in plant insurance would be a start. Hirer is also going to need things like service  records , users manuals , loler certs if it’s got forks on and have some kind of insurance in place if a machine failure caused injury to a third party.

Bob

2 hours ago, aspenarb said:

£70 a day or £250 a week sounds about right. The word “hire” throws in a few problems, I suppose a well worded contract that covers things like panel damage , chopped up tracks , cleaning charges, low fuel surcharges along with copies of the customers hired in plant insurance would be a start. Hirer is also going to need things like service  records , users manuals , loler certs if it’s got forks on and have some kind of insurance in place if a machine failure caused injury to a third party.

Bob

No hire only operated with cost of operator on top my plan is to keep the machine to supplement my income in retirement