Going Glyphosate/Chemical free

Harvey2018

12 hours ago, Billhook said:

Well I have seen it happen several times and I bet many others on this forum have,  One moment a song thrush is listening for worms in the middle of the lawn and the next second all that is left is a cloud of feathers.  They attack the tits on my bird feeder as well.  Sparrow hawks are only a small part of the picture.  Birds and their young have to avoid carrion crows, magpies, jackdaws, jays, kestrels owls and now buzzards and red kites as well as cats, foxes, squirrels, weasels, stoats and rats.

The old "due to modern intensive farming methods" is becoming a bit tired now.  I was fully organic for ten years, which I admit would have been a loss but for the subsidy.  I saw no increase in wildlife on the farm, in fact the reverse due to the increase of the aforementioned.  We are much less intensive now even after returning to conventional farming , much more selective and accurate with chemicals which are themselves more thoroughly tested and have not used an insecticide for years.

WC0719_9467_FRP.pdf

On 09/10/2019 at 14:53, Harvey2018 said:

Really struggling with a tender question at the moment.

This particular council is asking how we intend to be Glyphosate/chemical free by 2021?  That includes eco plugs obviously! 

They are asking for options and how we intend to phase the use out over the next two years and what we will be replacing it with. 

I would be asking myself if I really want to tender for them.