Useful little radio winch/grapple skidder machine

Big J

WWW.MASCUS.CO.UK

Buchholz Promax Vorlieferraupe - Amount of previous owners: 1, General grade (1 min - 5 max): 4, Engine: Deutz 2-Zyl Diesel luftgekühlt, Eng... - Mascus UK

Could be a really handy little machine for a tree surgery or low impact forestry outfit. Fully radio controlled and light enough to transport on a plant trailer.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

Nice concept, but it is nearly 40 years old and is not particularly cheap. Am I missing something?

Fully reconditioned in 2005 and less than 400 hours since then. 

I see a lot of people use Avants and also skidsteer loaders and thought that this might be a reasonable alterative. A 3t radio winch with a grapple for handling material afterwards is an attractive proposition to someone :D

A lot of money for not a lot of machine. Being skid steer lifts maybe 1/2 tonne, overtracks bound to get bogged down,3 tonne winch with small ground anchor might pull the skin of custard if your lucky, same money will get you a wheeled or tracked loader not very old with attachments far more useable in most businesses 2005 rebuild and during last fifteen years done 400 hrs that’s 27 hrs per year, just shows how good it is. Probably only worth scrap money given its age parts might be interesting to get hold of

• Like 3

Not negative at all its just alot of money for a small old machine! OK it will have its use and in the right place on the right timber it would be worth its weight in gold, but how often would you have the right job for it ? i looked at some small tracked skidders called oxtrack looked the dogs and what i was finding was 5 year old machines with 120/ 180/ 200 hrs on them so max of 40 hrs a year thats only a weeks work so something told me it was either useless at what it was supposed to do or tere just was not the work for em, there is one sat in a wood in south lakes awaiting repair and has been there several years now , why has the owner not repaired it ? i do know why and i did try to buy it but he said no it wants to be 2 or 300 miles away from here.