Jump to content
TRH logs

Tajfun rca 400

Recommended Posts

Has anyone had problems with the bearings in the flywheel/pulley for the belt that drives the chainsaw ? Last weekend my chain was continually running , which after some advice from Kilworth found out it was these bearing had seized up . I have replaced the bearings but today only cut two bulk bags with it and it was getting hot in that area again , so I stopped and stripped it down again and found one of the bearings had started to seize. I think the Gearbox shaft has been worn down slightly so now the center of the bearings aren’t gripp the shaft and so the inner part of the bearing that should be tight on the shaft so to grip and turn with the shaft, instead I think the inner part of the bearing is spinning around the shaft which is causing friction and getting very hot. Has anyone had similar experience with one of these machines ? Any advice thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ours did similar, swapped out the shaft for a new one and did the bearings at the same time. Shaft was about £250? They went a second time recently but the shafts fine.

Please tell me you didn't buy the bearings off Kilworth? They're a massive rip off. Same for all non tajfun parts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No I bought them from a local bearing supplier . Did you buy the shaft from Kilworth ?
Well done! Nearly had a heart attack when they said the price for the bearings!

Yeah, it's a tajfun part so no place else to get it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Did Kilworth fit it for you or did you do it yourself? Also did the seals get changed where the shaft comes out ?
Yeah did it all ourselves, not a difficult job really. It all should slot out pretty easily if I recall correctly.
Yeah replace anything you can like that while you're on. It's daft not to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
How many tonnes of wood roughly before you had to replace the bearings again ?
500? They went on a real hot day when it'd been working non stop and everything was very warm. Hadn't replaced the belt housing filter for a good while either and had a chain oil leak so it all added to their early demise I'd say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Featured Adverts

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.