Husqvarna or Stihl Wanted

Paul Tomo

2 hours ago, GA Groundcare said:

Yes, we have a Husqvarna shop. Sounds good!

That price is only on the top handle saws we physically have in stock. We have 2x 540 14” left. 

The course I’m on is in Motcombe just down the road from you, I’m not down until November the 14th to the 24th I’ve Coe course the first week then another course the week after, the second course is only for three days I think. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mark_Skyland said:

We all put a lot of effort in and then anyone can go along a buy this for less than £90, can cause just as much damage as the the husky/stihl equivalent.

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

The Parker 26cc 10" petrol top handle topping chainsaw has a 10" blade, which makes it perfect for topping or trimming...

I've just had a look at around 5 different listing for top handle saws on ebay, between them over a 1,000 units sold, thats a lot of Mr/Mrs homeowner adding to the HSE stats.

The biggest issue on these cheap toppers is that the uninitiated think they are "nice little saws" so may be safer due to them being more compact. 

Unfortunately they don't see that using them one handed leaves the other in a position where it can be cut off and when being used two handed, they afford much less control with your hands being so close together.

Yeah know loads of people  who never climb but bought them as there nice little saws. Farmers homeowners etc also use zero PPE.

I don't bother mentioning to them them anymore about the difference between a topper and a rear handle saw etc...

i'm a home owner/hobby log supplier, who is PPE and very safety concious,  and agree that most don't use ppe and think that the "dinky wee saw" they got off ebay is safer than a rear handled saw, and i've seen loads of dodgy farm saw work in my time.

Local farmer put his son on a pallet at the end of the telehandler up a tree that was over hanging the back of his large shed, no PPE, using a rear handle saw and the telehandler driver was on the mobile at the time !! By luck the boy(14 at the time) survived and the falling branches didn't do too much damage to the shed roof, about £50 damage !

Local tree surgeon lad, who is excellent and I've used him for a few jobs myself, had just qualified and was looking to start up his own business had quoted £75 ! guess thats more than the farmer valued his son or his shed roof at !!