New Hilux- any DPF issues doing mainly short trips.

Matthew Storrs

15 minutes ago, jackrs1 said:

Yeh you defo need some springs and airbags on that mate! Ours was the exact same, maybe worse as the chip box is bigger on the back. Makes a huge difference getting them.

Yeah I was really impressed when you got your Hilux fitted. I just never get round to sorting it out. 

8 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

My old MK6 sits low but carries a legal load very well. Spoke to a chap who lives and breaths Hilux's who said it was perfectly normal for the springs to be slightly inverted when fully loaded.

Ah well that’s really good to know. When I first got the truck prior to fleet being established I used it all the time. Driving past the DVLA weigh bridge on the A14 used to be a stressful time as I always though “ today is the day I get pulled over and weighed” due to looking way over weight. 

Ah well that’s really good to know. When I first got the truck prior to fleet being established I used it all the time. Driving past the DVLA weigh bridge on the A14 used to be a stressful time as I always though “ today is the day I get pulled over and weighed” due to looking way over weight. 

It actually drives better with them uprated. The steering doesn’t feel light and when going around corners it doesn’t feel like it’s going to roll over [emoji23]

3 hours ago, JonnyRFT said:

If the Hilux is still on the cards, you might want to see how (not) well the rear springs handle simple loads.

An extra leaf spring on each side is definitely on the cards with mine. I use it mostly for towing the Avant and transporting tools and attachments etc so I don’t normally notice any sagging issues. But, then when the odd small job comes along of which the truck is suitable for, I get reminded how bad it deals with a load. 

Here’s a couple of pics from today. The last pic is how it looks empty.

8AAB0F8E-01B0-4159-B8F0-A9D4258183B8.jpeg

2775EFF6-42BB-4134-8614-8ED2E5D46AAE.jpeg

image.jpg

We got an airbag suspension upgrade fitted by air ride near Reepham.

works well and can adjust the airbags from an airline .

This will allow us to uprate  the GVW of the truck if we want to.

The hilux looks happy loaded !

The truck rides much better loaded with the addition of the airbags .

towing wise we are more than happy with the hilux as it will push / pull our Bandit 915 most places we wouldn’t put it with our 7-5 tonner.

577D5198-2769-435B-9690-EB5B89EA3D8E.jpeg

18116CE0-C5E2-426E-A412-D532AAD79EE2.jpeg

E7B95EC1-ECEE-40BA-83A4-E469DA6E1114.jpeg

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Philip Anderson said:

We got an airbag suspension upgrade fitted by air ride near Reepham.

works well and can adjust the airbags from an airline .

This will allow us to uprate  the GVW of the truck if we want to.

The hilux looks happy loaded !

The truck rides much better loaded with the addition of the airbags .

towing wise we are more than happy with the hilux as it will push / pull our Bandit 915 most places we wouldn’t put it with our 7-5 tonner.

577D5198-2769-435B-9690-EB5B89EA3D8E.jpeg

18116CE0-C5E2-426E-A412-D532AAD79EE2.jpeg

E7B95EC1-ECEE-40BA-83A4-E469DA6E1114.jpeg

Funnily, you drove past my house in Norwich on Friday towing the Bandit and then the MEWP truck followed. I did admire the Hilux. What was the cost if you don’t mind me asking?

5 minutes ago, JonnyRFT said:

Funnily, you drove past my house in Norwich on Friday towing the Bandit and then the MEWP truck followed. I did admire the Hilux. What was the cost if you don’t mind me asking?

Not at all ,we’ve had the hilux for 18 months now it was a demonstration unit built for Toyota and is the wide body chassis version.It had 400 miles on the clock.

we had the sides extended and a part folding roof fitted as we deliver logs and mulch .

it was £22500 +vat .

i think the hilux is a great truck to drive ,very comfortable.

7 minutes ago, Philip Anderson said:

Not at all ,we’ve had the hilux for 18 months now it was a demonstration unit built for Toyota and is the wide body chassis version.It had 400 miles on the clock.

we had the sides extended and a part folding roof fitted as we deliver logs and mulch .

it was £22500 +vat .

i think the hilux is a great truck to drive ,very comfortable.

Sorry might have misunderstood the airbag kit was £800 +vat fitted.

• Like 2