Cavitation

dig-dug-dan

I've just removed for cleaning the suction filter on my Solis.

Reconnected it, topped up the transmission/hydro oil, cavitation when using the loader and 3 point...merde alors!

Peeped down the hydro filler, like a creme brulé down there.

What can I do to cure this?

Stuart

1 hour ago, Ty Korrigan said:

I've just removed for cleaning the suction filter on my Solis.

Reconnected it, topped up the transmission/hydro oil, cavitation when using the loader and 3 point...merde alors!

Peeped down the hydro filler, like a creme brulé down there.

What can I do to cure this?

Stuart

What did you clean the filter with? And I’m presuming it’s a metal gauze with no material elements? Diesel and some solvent, detergent cleaners can cause problems (don’t ask me how) wash it out with a little fairy liquid and hot water and high pressure air line to dry it. 

2 hours ago, Ty Korrigan said:

So... I left it overnight. Topped up the oil and tried again.

Vibrations as the hydraulics work and a tank full of foaming oil.

At a loss.

Stuart

As Eggs says if it's foaming it's not cavitation and you must be sucking air in somewhere

It was running fine. 
I assumed air entered the system from that. I was unable to fill it before reconnecting.
Filter is before the pump.
Transmission and hydro are same fluid.
 Stuart

You got any pics of your setup and the filter you’ve played with? May help to get you some ideas.

You haven’t said how you cleaned the filter, I’d be looking at the filter again, I’ve had stranger things happen. The old Massey strainer filters cause problems if you clean them with diesel or petrol (I forget which) I just use the pressure washer and air line now. It’s might not be air entering the system,rather oil not entering the system. Good luck, let us know what you find