Large electric/hydraulic saws

QuattroKev

My log side business is in its 2nd year going very well.  My problem is processing enough wood to keep up with demand.

Already had a neighbor grass me up to council over one days chainsaw use!  I need to be able to process arb waste, not processor friendly stuff.  A lot of the stuff I sell requires at least a 24" bar upto 36"

I need a quieter alternative to the old 660.

Any recommendations/experience in larger hydraulic saws?  I can run off my tractor which I use for the splitter and doesn't cause noise issues. 

Thanks

Quiet yes but not so sure you would want to swing one around all day, heavy things and the pipes restrict movement . Also need to make sure if you buy one its got a chain oiler, some are meant for underwater use and are not fitted with them.

Bob

image_zps6nm48sts.jpg

image_zpsbkykdf3e.jpg

• Like 1

If you can take the log to the saw you could use a deck saw, I bought one for chogging down big sticks on site, still looking for a suitable track frame to mount it on.

This sort of thing, can take up to a 12` bar. Hold a few gallons of chain oil, and will run off a donkey engine, leccy motor or tractor PTO.

Bob

Deck Saw

• Like 1

10 hours ago, aspenarb said:

If you can take the log to the saw you could use a deck saw, I bought one for chogging down big sticks on site, still looking for a suitable track frame to mount it on.

This sort of thing, can take up to a 12` bar. Hold a few gallons of chain oil, and will run off a donkey engine, leccy motor or tractor PTO.

Bob

Deck Saw

That looks interesting!

As for the billets I bring most of the log material home in big odd size lumps so would still need cutting down to billet stage.