Good people about

eggsarascal

On a local faceache page people are pulling together to help the staff made redundant from Thomas Cook in town, everything from offers of employment to free spa days, and free meals in pubs and restaurants. Not much I can offer unless someone wants a pump fixing or a drain unblocking but it's good to see people helping each other.

• Like 6

You’ve a heart of gold ??s finding a feel good story amongst such desperate circumstances. 

Myself, on the other hand, and whilst listening to the details of the extensive inter departmental government repatriation scheme, couldn’t help but hope that somewhere amongst all that inter departmental cooperation there is the capability to identify and recover the cost of repatriation from those that might have funded their foreign holiday off the back of the tax I have to pay to provide their gyro. If they ain’t “available to work” because they are toasting their buns and quaffing indecent quantities of sangria whilst I’m busting my tits in the rain, I’d like to think they might have had the decency and integrity to have ‘signed off’ prior to departure. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

You’ve a heart of gold ??s finding a feel good story amongst such desperate circumstances. 

Myself, on the other hand, and whilst listening to the details of the extensive inter departmental government repatriation scheme, couldn’t help but hope that somewhere amongst all that inter departmental cooperation there is the capability to identify and recover the cost of repatriation from those that might have funded their foreign holiday off the back of the tax I have to pay to provide their gyro. If they ain’t “available to work” because they are toasting their buns and quaffing indecent quantities of sangria whilst I’m busting my tits in the rain, I’d like to think they might have had the decency and integrity to have ‘signed off’ prior to departure. 

And that sir is the difference between us left of centre and those heading away from center right.

Do we know the number of people who were toasting their buns off the back of the tax payer?, the more important question should be, what's going to happen to TC managent that have syphoned off over £50 million quid from the company causing the collapse and passing a fecking fortune of debt onto the tax payer.

Edited by eggsarascal
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

I hate it when you sit on the fence, Mr Johnson. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

And that sir is the difference between us left of centre and those heading away from center right.

Do we know the number of people who were toasting their buns off the back of the tax payer?, the more important question should be, what's going to happen to TC managent that have syphoned off over £50 million quid from the company causing the collapse and passing a fecking fortune of debt onto the tax payer.

I doff my cap to you Sir, a valid and appropriate point you make, as always ??

Neither question is any less relevant than the other of course...