Going freelance

Tony Croft aka hamadryad

bearing in mind this was what around five plus years ago? and we all know things have gone up A LOT since then

true, true, but also the thing to bear in mind that the cost of tree surgery has decreased considerably. be it, cowboys doing the job on cheap, weekend warriors or simply the number of companies competing for the work.

If the Boss is making less money now than he was five years ago, why would they pay you more money and take even less for themselves, business?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

true, true, but also the thing to bear in mind that the cost of tree surgery has decreased considerably. be it, cowboys doing the job on cheap, weekend warriors or simply the number of companies competing for the work.

If the Boss is making less money now than he was five years ago, why would they pay you more money and take even less for themselves, business?

that seems strange , i am now charging more than this time last year and am getting more work than i was this time last year , personally i think that a climber should be paid what he is worth , i can charge £200 with a chipper down here so im sure £250 up there iant that much

that seems strange , i am now charging more than this time last year and am getting more work than i was this time last year , personally i think that a climber should be paid what he is worth , i can charge £200 with a chipper down here so im sure £250 up there iant that much

very likely mate, don't doubt it. maybe you were charging not enough last year? Now you can justify higher prices as more people know what you are capable of.

you mention that you can charge a couple of ton with chipper. i would argue that the average freelancer dose not own a chipper.

how much for you as a climber plus climbing kit, rigging and a couple of cutting devices?

look im the same as richy rule im a suby climber but i can also sub out a team to big companys. Iv been doing this 10 years and can do all the crap trees and i charge 150 just for climbing and bringing a 200t

exactly and as i said for £200 a day i would be expected to bring all the saws that i will need , a rigging kit and a chipper , trust me im sure that it is more priffitable for you oh and it would not be a timberwolf150 it would be our 190