Forst PT8

QuattroKev

Does anyone actually own one of these?  

In the market for a 8" to 10" PTO chipper

Not in the market for a new one mind, never seen or heard of one in real life.  So highly unlikely I'm going to find a used one I think.

Interested to hear what they are like to live with if any one has one or has used one?

I'd be a bit worried about this chipper having had a not ideal ownership of a st8 so if your putting a decent amount of hp from a tractor through it I can't imagine it'll be long lived.
I'd be looking at something like this for sale by global recycling, I ran a 260 for years and apart from a few dints gave no issues.

WWW.GLOBALRECYCLING.EU
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/09/2019 at 10:35, QuattroKev said:

Does anyone actually own one of these?  

In the market for a 8" to 10" PTO chipper

Not in the market for a new one mind, never seen or heard of one in real life.  So highly unlikely I'm going to find a used one I think.

Interested to hear what they are like to live with if any one has one or has used one?

Its worth having a look at the GreenMech 220 (9") PTO unit. A proven, tried and reliable machine, the flywheel is driven by the PTO, feed rollers from the tractor spools and no stress takes a 12v from the trailer 7 pin. Not having to have its own separate hydraulic pump keeps the price reasonable with a RRP of £12,870 ex vat and that'll come with a three year unlimited hour warranty.

GreenMech are also running some subsidised finance deals unit later this autumn... 

What tractor will you be using?

Edited by GA Groundcare

Not a lot of experience with the PTO chippers personally but I know you will definitely struggle to find a used one. I don't think even Forst have a used one on site at Andover. 

Any reason why you're set on used? Just the price? Certainly on the ST and TR chippers the difference in price between new and used isn't massive, they really hold value well in the first few years so would you think about going for a new one? That way you can get a demo and see what its really like, and you will also get the full warranty etc and like someone has said above, Forst aftercare is second to none. Some do seem to have issues, but they are taken care of.

11 hours ago, GlobalNewark said:

I might have a buyer for that if you keep me in mind

I do love some of the big bandits, especially the Beast range. I think your stand was just at the other side of mine over the back at the expo recently and I must admit I stared quite longingly as some of the machines on it

Edited by ForestryFinance