Has the world changed?

Old Mill Tree Care

23 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

If your turnover is half of what it could be due to not having a helper then surely paying a helper an extra 100-200,000nok would seem like good business sense if it got you back to what you should be bringing in? Or are the margins just too tight?

Margins are not too tight. I cannot attract decent staff to what amounts to a 440k nok package.

It's not the money it's the quality or lack their of of staff.

1 minute ago, Mike Hill said:

Margins are not too tight. I cannot attract decent staff to what amounts to a 440k nok package.

It's not the money it's the quality or lack their of of staff.

To put things into perspective 350-450,000nok is around what our guys get in the Workshop in Stavanger for mincing around all day drinking coffee. Private Health Care and a very good company pension. 

5 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

To put things into perspective 350-450,000nok is around what our guys get in the Workshop in Stavanger for mincing around all day drinking coffee. Private Health Care and a very good company pension. 

Or three times what a 19 year old English kid who is looking at for his first tree job.

5 second commute

Bills paid

Rent paid

6 weeks paid holiday

10,000kr travel bonus

If you fired half the workshop rats in Stav,would your company pay the remaining guys twice as much?

• Like 1

Just now, Mike Hill said:

Or three times what a 19 year old English kid who is looking at for his first tree job.

5 second commute

Bills paid

Rent paid

6 weeks paid holiday

10,000kr travel bonus

If you fired half the workshop rats in Stav,would your company pay the remaining guys twice as much?

Are you specifically looking for UK guys or hiring Norgies? Just curious? Surely UK lads would jump at a deal like that? 

Actually, I went into the office a couple of years ago and threatened to leave and doubled my Salary. Expected to negotiate hard but they said ok, even threw in 9000nok in car allowance a month that I never even asked for. :D Was a good day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Are you specifically looking for UK guys or hiring Norgies? Just curious? Surely UK lads would jump at a deal like that? 

Actually, I went into the office a couple of years ago and threatened to leave and doubled my Salary. Expected to negotiate hard but they said ok, even threw in 9000nok in car allowance a month that I never even asked for. :D Was a good day.

Uk guys. Nogs dont have the will or base experiance. I tried for years.

I have seen adverts in the paper offering 100k bounties for anyone to get them into the offshore sector.

If you are not being taxed I  Norway, it's no wonder they doubled your pay. You were half the cost of a local to begin with.?

Just now, Mike Hill said:

Uk guys. Nogs dont have the will or base experiance. I tried for years.

I have seen adverts in the paper offering 100k bounties for anyone to get them into the offshore sector.

If you are not being taxed I  Norway, it's no wonder they doubled your pay. You were half the cost of a local to begin with.?

Yeh, Norgies are hard work. I have a crew of 7 of them on this job and its a bad enough trying to drag them out the recreation room to do a few hours work. :D 

Yeh, off-shores kicked off again big time. Nows the time to push for another significant wage rise, Im just biding my time. :D I'll rape them again. 

Im a local a local Norgie Contract. I pay all my tax to Norway, but also get full NAV benefits too. 40 weeks Paternity leave last year. (I took the cash instead, the greedy bugger that I am) :D 3000nok a month Child Benefit, Norgie State Pension for the last 10 years etc etc. 

31 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Sounds ideal. When can I start?

Just now, Tommy_B said:

Sounds ideal. When can I start?

As soon as you get your Norwegian Passport, pass your Bergen test (speak fluent Norwegian) and move to Stavanger. The Norgies have really closed ranks lately. And 400,000nok is not nearly enough for a families income. OK if you're single, use public transport and really really like Ramen Noodles. :D 

1 minute ago, trigger_andy said:

As soon as you get your Norwegian Passport, pass your Bergen test (speak fluent Norwegian) and move to Stavanger. The Norgies have really closed ranks lately. And 400,000nok is not nearly enough for a families income. OK if you're single, use public transport and really really like Ramen Noodles. :D 

You would need to provide a camper van as well please

• Like 1
  • Haha 4