Teufelberger ocean friction cord

Paul Tomo

That's 3.5:1 shrink ratio so in theory it should shrink down to just below 6mm (that's 19 divided by 3.5). I've only actually used it down to 10 myself but reckon it will be fine, the adhesive will keep it on as well.

If you want to see how small it goes you can cut a half inch piece, stand it on a block of wood and heat it up till it stops shrinking.

I'm almost ready to cut to length this new Teufelberger Ocean Polyester 8mm friction cord, i've got everything I need to complete the process from cutting, glueing and heat shrinking the ends of the cord. The friction cord I'm going to make up first is for the simple prussic loop, I will copy of the length of cord I'm using at the moment and then I will replace with this new cord.

The next friction cord I want to make up is the 75cm cord that is on the Teufelberger Hipstar landyard that is connected to the pinto pulley. the cord that is on the landyard now is a eye to eye and this fits perfect in the pinto pulley when all connected together and in use. The only knots I know when finishing off this cord is for the two stopper knots on each end of the cord, I'm not sure if these two knots will fit in the pinto pulley without trying it first or maybe the knots will sit just above the pulley but if you have any ideas on how to finish this cord off then please let me know.

I can't find anyone that sells the same Teufelberger 0.79m friction cord that is used with with the Hipster landyard anywhere. If anyone knows where I can buy this piece of eye to eye cord from please let me know.

Paul Tomo (Nottm)

6 hours ago, Brocky said:

That one is 8mm Bailout, but I’m hoping to try them all!

7471768A-29FA-43AD-A2B5-CF07DE232DBD.jpeg

Thanks for letting me know and I’ll look up the info on it, I will say that all the ends look very neat and tidy. 

could you tell me the procedure of cutting glueing and heat shrinking the end of the cord. I’ve already glued and heat shrunk the end of one piece of cord but I’m not sure in which order you would do first.

Could you heat shrink a section of the heat shrink on to a piece of cord and then cut the section of cord we’re the heat shrink is so you end up with two ends of cord with the heat shrink at both ends and then glue the two ends?

I’m finding out that if you have a slight overhang of the shrink rap over the end of the rope it doesn’t look right as a neat finished job. I have noticed when the heat shrink has finished cooling the shrink covering sits quite high on the cord, I’ve order some 12mm to 3mm to see if this makes the final heat shrink lay lower to the rope.

I will post some photo’s later to show what I’ve done.