Teufelberger ocean friction cord

Paul Tomo

On 25/09/2019 at 19:58, Dan Maynard said:

I use heavy duty adhesive lined heat shrink, bit expensive per metre but you get 50 or more from a metre and stays on for years - here's my lanyard just before I chuck it away.1569437816358.jpeg

Can you get this heat shrink from b&q?

I don't think so from B&Q, I ordered mine from RS. Can't remember the exact part number but something like this

This is specifically thick walled, adhesive lined so very tough - and more expensive.

Yes, not as tough though. I haven't tried this for labels, but probably will next time as reckon it would stop it sliding around. The only worry is the glue will be less easy to read through.

Yes, not as tough though. I haven't tried this for labels, but probably will next time as reckon it would stop it sliding around. The only worry is the glue will be less easy to read through.
UK.RS-ONLINE.COM  

That’s s handy link,Dan.. thanks for sharing. [emoji106]

Thanks for the link and we have RS supplies about two miles from me so I’ll be down later today and buy a length, then I’ll pop into Wilkos and buy some superglue and then I can get on with cutting the cord to length.

How many Prussic’s will I need to make to use on the Tree access and rescue course and in what situation will I be using the cords? I guess I need to make one that I long enough for me to body thrust up the tree either prussic or Blake’s hitch or both?

Thanks for the link and we have RS supplies about two miles from me so I’ll be down later today and buy a length, then I’ll pop into Wilkos and buy some superglue and then I can get on with cutting the cord to length.

How many Prussic’s will I need to make to use on the Tree access and rescue course and in what situation will I be using the cords? I guess I need to make one that I long enough for me to body thrust up the tree either prussic or Blake’s hitch or both?

Just done my 38 course.
You will want one cord to climb on, plus another for the aerial rescue part.
It’s worth experimenting with length too, i found 70cm eye2eye using the VT knot and hitchclimber was good for me but for bodythrusting it was too short so moved to a 1m version.

2 hours ago, Dbikeguy said:

Just done my 38 course.
You will want one cord to climb on, plus another for the aerial rescue part.
It’s worth experimenting with length too, i found 70cm eye2eye using the VT knot and hitchclimber was good for me but for bodythrusting it was too short so moved to a 1m version.

So you can use the hitch climber whilst on the course, if so that’s good news. When I’m ascending I use a small length of cord from the bottom eye of the hitch climber to the O ring on my harness then when I’m descending I take the small length of cord of and then I can reach the prussic to lower myself down.