what catapault ??

devon TWiG

On 20/10/2019 at 17:27, devon TWiG said:

Yes i have seen that device where you effectively use a pulley to gear down effort and then capture but i do not really think i will bother as 60 ft is probably enough .........would be interested to know how far others get on a straight pull ...

i reckon i can get well over 100 feet.

On 04/11/2019 at 18:26, wicklamulla said:

Here ya go. 

20191104_181922.jpg

20191104_181129.jpg

20191104_181307.jpg

20191104_181330.jpg

20191104_181349.jpg

I recently got this setup! the trick is to use an 8-10oz bag. sounds counter intuitive but it goes like a rocket! also plumb straight so a massive advantage when getting a line through to a small target!

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone elses Bigshot get tangled in the throwline during launching?
Only mine seems to.
The one I used on a course didn't, nor my mates.
Maybe the elastic is twisted...?
 WTF...
   Stuart
Hi ty,

Mine gets tangled sometimes. It used to be worse with cheap line. I bought one of the pricier lines {can't remember which one}, and it has been much better. Think I read a thread on here throw lines. You're using a cube or similar to contain the line?

Jan.

Mentioned already nearly but try a cam buckle load strap attached to the base of your poles then to an archery bow trigger, that clips into (and releases) a loop of throwline on the back of the catapult pocket. I bought an archery trigger with the wrist support and mount and just chucked that away, and tied the actual trigger part to the cam buckle. Lets you use double poles and aim easily, and fling a heavy bag that will come down more easily as high as you could want in the UK.