County 1124

Billhook

So it still starts on the button and all the hydraulics work, but it is very tired and I have no use for it as the Teleporter has far more capacity and is much more stable even though the County has water filled wheels

I would love to restore it just as a plain 1124 and fit the crane on the trailer where it was before or would this be a sacrilegious act in the eyes of you lot.

It would be used far more as  plain 1124

Meachins 013.jpg

Sidney + Log 034.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, openspaceman said:

We had one of those tree spades on a 5 litre GMC truck in 86, boy did it use some petrol.

This one has been converted to use the tractor hydraulics, the tractor being far more appropriate to manoeuvre and transport a tree with a good lump of soil attached across arable land

i bought it to transfer some young oaks, about four inches in diameter.  The machine worked well but the oaks did not like it as they had developed a large tap root

i should have perhaps inserted the spades a year before and withdrawn them to let the trees recover before moving

What was your experience with the spade and have you any advice for me?