Best Foot Ascender??

Sambo

I have been using a Pantin for a while now but just got hold of some Clip n Step boots. The Pantin just slips about now! So is there a better Foot ascender available? In the meantime how is the best way to fit the Pantin to the Clip n step boots? High? Low?

Many thanks!

Lost my mk2 pantin couple of months ago, best thing I have done for a whilst, replaced with a CT ascender much better in my opinion and tends right away rather than needing 10 ft of rope below you. Straps longer as well so better for bigger feet/boots.

• Like 2

Yep, bought Harken ninja. Can't beat the feeling of going up like a ninja.

Seriously, works well and self tends on very little rope. Easy to get out when you need to but doesn't fall out when you don't want.

I guessed Notch was maybe a ripoff Harken, they seem to produce lots of copy products. I also guessed it's the same Harken that make sailing hardware in which case proper brand, but never checked up on that.

Just now, Dan Maynard said:

Yep, bought Harken ninja. Can't beat the feeling of going up like a ninja.

Seriously, works well and self tends on very little rope. Easy to get out when you need to but doesn't fall out when you don't want.

I guessed Notch was maybe a ripoff Harken, they seem to produce lots of copy products. I also guessed it's the same Harken that make sailing hardware in which case proper brand, but never checked up on that.

Yeah my next question would've been which is the knockoff?! :D

i use a pantin, on longer acsess assents i put a small krab on it to stop it poping off.

i can flick it off without having to bend all the way down just with the rope.

do you have to actually flip out the lever with other brands?? would of thought this may be a bit slow when climbing srt?

just wondering as ive only ever used the pantin.

thanks carl