Thoughts on how to fell these

Woodworks

Cutting some trees on our boundary hedge. Had a pro cutter friend give me hand for a few days and we have winched back some of them into our fields and felled into the neighbours where he was confident the buts would not jump down onto the fence bellow. Now I need to ideally find a way to get the rest down without ballsing up the fence. We were not very ambitious with the winching and only tying in at ladder hight but could get a rope in much higher with a throw line. They are ash with early dieback but all the hinge wood has been ok so far. Alternatively make up a frame that I can put in the niegahbours field that the butt can land on and not crush the fence. Going to have quite a lot to do on various boundries over the next few winters so might be worth the hassle but it will need to be pretty sturdy. 

IMG_20190912_144336.jpg

IMG_20190912_144342.jpg

3 minutes ago, oldwoodcutter said:

A farmer local to me uses a neat trick, no saw required, he sends one of his fellows down in their 35 ton 360 and smashes the trees to bits, pulling them over, smashing up the limbs a bit more, then leaves it all in a heap on the edge of the field for ever more.

Thats "habitat"?

• Like 2