Global warming fact or fiction? Has it effected when you use your stove?

Yes mate, that's politics and the gravy train.

I studied climate change as part of a natural sciences degree.
When you have looked at the evidence for the history of the earths temperature.
It's really rather scary.
I won't go into the boring mechanics.
It's just happening very slowly.
I wonder what our great grandchildren will think of us.

8 hours ago, spuddog0507 said:

Sorry but as i see it it has been going on for 10s of millions of years its just that some one with HSBC & a TSB degree who gets paid a good salery noticed it and raised the point, we have all this technollagey today but does any one really know how it works ? or does it actually work for its designed purpose ? back in the winters of 2009/10 and 2010/11 we had some quite harsh weather all the so called experts with in the met office decided we were entering another iceage, ! then from mid june 2012 it did nowt but rain till christmas then they where banging on about global warming ! the met office cant forcast the weather accuratlly for any more than 3 days, so what ever is predicted about global warming, i am sorry but the way i see it is, is that its just something for the highly paid so called experts to talk about.

Now can someone please explain this to me if you can ? because i do not understand this at all, now with in our wounderfull house,s of parliment there is one MP handing out RHI (renewable heat insentive) payments to people who are willing to fit a boiler and burn either wood chip or log to create heat either for heating or drying floors, i know of several around us and the heat they create is quite intense, then sat opposite this guy handing out money every where is another MP and his job is fighting globle warming, can some one explain how this works please ? or is it just a load of shit and a jobs for the boy,s situation,

Did you look at the graph in the video I posted further back about previous warming? If so do you think the spike at the end is natural?

Got any links to the MetOffice saying we were heading into a mini ice age in 2009/10 and 2010/11? Sounds like bunkum from a tabloid. There was talk of a mini ice age in the 70s and I think that was due to the suns cycle. I have found this 

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Dana Nuccitelli: We can’t accurately predict solar activity, and a quiet solar cycle would have a small impact on Earth’s climate...

And a bit of info about waste heat. It does warm us a bit but only a fraction by comparison with the greenhouse effect

https://skepticalscience.com/Waste-heat-vs-greenhouse-warming.html

Edited by Woodworks

Did you look at the graph in the video I posted further back about previous warming? If so do you think the spike at the end is natural?

Got any links to the MetOffice saying we were heading into a mini ice age in 2009/10 and 2010/11? Sounds like bunkum from a tabloid. There was talk of a mini ice age in the 70s and I think that was due to the suns cycle. 

And a bit of info about waste heat. It does warm us a bit but only a fraction by comparison with the greenhouse effect
 https://skepticalscience.com/Waste-heat-vs-greenhouse-warming.html

Actually this is an ice age right now.
We are just in a warm spot.
The problem with discussing climate change is nearly everyone has an opinion, but so few have looked at the science.
[emoji20]
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Rough Hewn said:

The problem with discussing climate change is nearly everyone has an opinion, but so few have looked at the science.
emoji20.png

6 minutes ago, Rough Hewn said:

emoji20.png

Much more comfortable to have an opinion that requires no change than to look at the science and see that we need to turn our lives upside down to stop what is happening.

Edited by Woodworks
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Rough Hewn said:

Yep.
The truth is we are all complicit with the industrial military capitalists.
There's going to be a lot of change, whether we like it or not.emoji51.png

Not that I think we will chose to do it but do think there is a way to get from our current insane system to a sustainable one? 

Not that I think we will chose to do it but do think there is a way to get from our current insane system to a sustainable one? 

Yes,
But if history is anything to go by...
We will be forced to change by nature.
If we can adapt in time.
The next dark age is coming.
I'd recommend hoarding books about farming/hort, medicines,science,construction, electrics,engineering etc.
[emoji12][emoji106]

He is way out there and worth a completely different take on things - not saying he is right, not saying he is wrong, just saying it's another perspective to view things from.

I could only do 5 minutes of David Icke.
There will always be sociopaths bent on ruling everything.
Again look at history.
The evolution of larger and larger empires/kingdoms/etc
A one world government is inevitable.
Either Chinese/Russian or US/euro.
It's a global dictatorship.

As for climate change being fake...
Again. Go study it. You can access lots of raw data.
If you're really sceptical, you can collect mud,ice and rock samples yourself and analyse them.
Icke is correct about the shady economic groups existence but then claims all climate change is fake???
Oh humans.....
[emoji20]