Global warming fact or fiction? Has it effected when you use your stove?

9 hours ago, Mull said:

Interesting, which humans should go first? The one in a mud hut farming with animals and no machinery or the one drilling oil with a couple of homes and five cars? Wonder what the actual carbon footprint of each is?
Just curious really as we sit on our tablets/phones etc preaching the “truth”.?

Like I said, stop the ones breeding that eat manufactured sugar.

• Like 1

This over population thing might soon be sorted thanks to old Prince Philip who is currently in Hospital... " On death. In the event that I am reincarnated, I would like to return as a deadly virus, to contribute something to solving overpopulation " he said in(1988)

Such a nice guy to think of us even when dead.

1 hour ago, difflock said:

cough cough, wor native Anglo Saxon equivalent is; dont get yer "knickers in a twist",

panties in a bunch is def US speak.

Though sad to say, even I have started to sccumb to over-weening Americanisms in my speech.

Yes I realise that, but Mull gave his drunken assumption I picked it up from working with Yanks. I just find it winds people up more than 'knickers in a twist'. :P 

• Like 1

There is a GM strain of maize that causes sterility in men (don't know if permanent).

If we are talking about keeping population to replacement levels, then the UK and west in general is already there, or slightly de-populating. Yet the same folks who want lower population support immigration of cultures that reproduce themselves at levels higher than replacement. Why is this?

Also, let's define the boogiman. Is it "pollution", "resource depletion" or "global warming" ? Which is the one they say is going to kill us all? - It's global warming. That means CO2 emissions. Don't be lumping CO2 in with the other stuff, it's a separate issue. The plastic wrapper on your ? will not kill the planet. The transportation of the orange will. China poured more concrete in the last decade than the USA poured in it's entire history. Yet we are down on people for building second homes. Yet at the same time we want to import immigrants from low carbon economies, and build homes for them. 

Edited by Haironyourchest

2 hours ago, Woodlover said:

This over population thing might soon be sorted thanks to old Prince Philip who is currently in Hospital... " On death. In the event that I am reincarnated, I would like to return as a deadly virus, to contribute something to solving overpopulation " he said in(1988)

Such a nice guy to think of us even when dead.

I like him, Prince Philip more and more, some of his spare heirs, not so much!

4 hours ago, Haironyourchest said:

There is a GM strain of maize that causes sterility in men (don't know if permanent).

If we are talking about keeping population to replacement levels, then the UK and west in general is already there, or slightly de-populating. Yet the same folks who want lower population support immigration of cultures that reproduce themselves at levels higher than replacement. Why is this?

Also, let's define the boogiman. Is it "pollution", "resource depletion" or "global warming" ? Which is the one they say is going to kill us all? - It's global warming. That means CO2 emissions. Don't be lumping CO2 in with the other stuff, it's a separate issue. The plastic wrapper on your ? will not kill the planet. The transportation of the orange will. China poured more concrete in the last decade than the USA poured in it's entire history. Yet we are down on people for building second homes. Yet at the same time we want to import immigrants from low carbon economies, and build homes for them. 

A bit "Parson's Eggish" there, in that I agree with most of it, perhaps not all of it.

Edited by difflock