Global warming fact or fiction? Has it effected when you use your stove?

My longtime take on the whole issue is; "moderation in all things, especially moderation", i.e. buying natural fabric cloths very very infrequently, and wearing them until done, regardless of changing fashions, then using as dog beds and rags. Never buying coffee(or tea) in plastic/paper cups, re-using(and hoarding) plastic bags. Buying old solid wood furniture and NEVER changing it to suit our unchanging internal decor.

The simple stuff.

Bought proper lifetime China, unlike the sisters in law who change theirs near as frequent as they change their underwear. Not leaving food on the plate(to be wantonly dumped) when eating. etc etc etc.

Only replacing kitchen/household consumer electrics/electronics when they fail and are unfixable, not because of whim or fashion.

Buy a car and take 200,000 /250,000 miles out of it.

NOT buying into this whole;

"we are doomed, so give us prolifigate politicans more tax dollars so we can claim to fix the worlds unfixable problems, by throwing money about".

All while they jet about(& 1st class obviously) in a profligate wasteful pontificating 5* expenses paid trash-the-World lifestyle.

Edited by difflock
  • Like 5

52 minutes ago, stihlmadasever said:

Climate change debate on a forum populated by fuckwits who cut down trees...

Ironic...

I include myself in that description btw

A lot of us plant trees as well..

If I had my way this island would be primordial forest with less than a thousand people on it and I'd live in a clearing with a pig, a vegetable patch and a .308 Winchester and no neighbours for 100 miles. 

I'm working on it but it may take a while..

Edited by Gimlet

My longtime take on the whole issue is; "moderation in all things, especially moderation", i.e. buying natural fabric cloths very very infrequently, and wearing them until done, regardless of changing fashions, then using as dog beds and rags. Never buying coffee(or tea) in plastic/paper cups, re-using(and hoarding) plastic bags. Buying old solid wood furniture and NEVER changing it to suit our unchanging internal decor.

The simple stuff.

Bought proper lifetime China, unlike the sisters in law who change theirs near as frequent as they change their underwear. Not leaving food on the plate(to be wantonly dumped) when eating. etc etc etc.

Only replacing kitchen/household consumer electrics/electronics when they fail and are unfixable, not because of whim or fashion.

"we are doomed, so give us prolifigate politicans more tax dollars so we can claim to fix the worlds unfixable problems, by throwing money about".

All while they jet about(& 1st class obviously) in a profligate wasteful pontificating 5* expenses paid trash-the-World lifestyle.

Trouble is majority of the rest of the population is heading in the opposite direction to the extreme especially in UK:

Britons will spend £2.7bn this summer on more than 50m summer outfits that will be worn only once, a poll reveals.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Survey finds holiday clothing is biggest extravagance, with consumers set to spend £700m

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Gimlet said:

A lot of us plant trees as well..

The offset is miniscual.

Dont get me wrong any tree planting is a positive step but to do any good we need governments to stop the industrial scale rape of the forests and jungle and start planting on an industrial scale.

Im with you on the living wild dream.

Id happily live up a mountain,

self sufficient with my dogs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, difflock said:

The simple stuff.

It's amazing to me that our lifestyle choices are so similar yet we are at opposite ends of the political spectrum.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

It's amazing to me that our lifestyle choices are so similar yet we are at opposite ends of the political spectrum.

Well my political views are conservative with a small "c", inherently libertine and a firm believer in VERY small Government.

I most object to being bent over taxation wise to enable the unsustainable prolifigate lifestyles of both our Governmental "masters" either elected or Civil Service, and the unemployable underclasses(with their own expensive to sustain and wholly unsustainable poor-choice trashy lifestyles "that are not their fault") that vote them into power.

Which despite 70 odd years of pumping never-ending public  money into, HAVE NOT changed.

The numbers, and demands, merely continue to increase.

There is something wrong with our system, it is NOT the lack of funding.

Simples.

Edited by difflock
  • Like 2

Climate change is with us for sure pictures of thin starving polar bears don’t lie never saw pictures like that in my 20,s but our governments refuse to install legislation to even try and do anything about it UN agenda 21 ,geo engineering the use of depleted uranium shells ,what the FUCK are people thinking,the planet will survive but not so sure about society as we know it ,Poverty starvation and homelessness all exist in Britain today the government seems unwilling or unable to do anything about it so therefore we demand the abolition of the dogmatic archaic institutions that try and govern over us Their law has not created order our Anarchy will not create chaos.

Thats something I wrote when weighting for an Anarchist news paper many yrs ago seems more relevant now than when I first wrote it ,hope some of you appreciate it 

Cheers Mark

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Stere said:

Trouble is majority of the rest of the population is heading in the opposite direction to the extreme especially in UK:

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Survey finds holiday clothing is biggest extravagance, with consumers set to spend £700m

If I go into the saw shop in the same outfit, twice in a row, I get laughed right out of there.

I won't apologise for my impeccable fashion sense, from the top of my scruffy head to the tip of my Birkenstock clad toe! ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 14/09/2019 at 05:40, Billhook said:

Just too many human beings. 

Need a reduction to about 2 billion hopefully by intelligent birth control 

Not just for emission reduction, but also for conservation both of natural resources and species

Anything less than population control is just pissing in the wind.

And I thought that I was a lone voice here, but just seen this

• Like 3