Did you have any issues with your stove installation?

Mine was install of hearth, surround and burner in a new build fireplace.

I had no major issues but the connection from the burner flue to the chimney isn't great.  The average person might quite happily accept it as it is functional but I'm picky and it bugs me.  However, as I have a lot of jobs to do and it functions, flue gases get drawn up the chimney, (albeit with some air from the room as well) it won't get changed for a while...

On 12/09/2019 at 12:16, Woodworks said:

Do it yourself and get BC to sign it off if thats still an option. Seen some shocking instals done by supposed pros who charge a fortune and try to baffle with BS

That is still an option but council charges vary massively,  they charge what they like but you can use an independant inspector.   I am sure Bowland has like me seen many terrible installs,  mainly self installs and many signed off by BC as frankly they simply dont know the regs.    I had a lad in today pumping me for info about how to do an open up and fir a stove,  looks like he had started then got the wall propped up above the breast.

A

On 12/09/2019 at 12:16, Woodworks said:

Do it yourself and get BC to sign it off if thats still an option. Seen some shocking instals done by supposed pros who charge a fortune and try to baffle with BS

We had our stove installed by a local stove installer- wouldn’t say there was much wrong with the install (aside from having to let the odd bird out the stove door!) but very disappointed with the Stockton stove itself, it over fires massively, can’t shut the thing down- taken the angle grinder to certain bits to allow it to shut down a bit more but nothing I can do about the 3-4mm gap around the door, doesn’t even begin to seal properly. Personally if I was a supplier and installer I’d be embarrassed to supply and fit something so shoddy.

9 hours ago, Matthew Storrs said:

We had our stove installed by a local stove installer- wouldn’t say there was much wrong with the install (aside from having to let the odd bird out the stove door!) but very disappointed with the Stockton stove itself, it over fires massively, can’t shut the thing down- taken the angle grinder to certain bits to allow it to shut down a bit more but nothing I can do about the 3-4mm gap around the door, doesn’t even begin to seal properly. Personally if I was a supplier and installer I’d be embarrassed to supply and fit something so shoddy.

Couldn't be sealed with fire rope?

When i had mine installed by the company that provided the stove they did a smoke bomb  test .

Apparently  i didn't  need a flue. Six months later  i had a couple of  bricks  come crashing down .swelling and shrinking of bricks up the chimney.  Got a flue fitted  asap. No problems at all now . Burn logs through the  day and evening then one shovel of coal b4 bed . Keeps fire on 24/7. Its great 

20190123_165804.jpg

• Like 1