Tuffphone multi network sim

Big J

I'm guinea pigging myself with the new T500 phone on the multinetwork sim from Tuffphone. The idea is that it runs mainly on 3, but when lacking signal, jumps onto vodaphone or O2. Preliminary reviews seem to be good, so I'm optimistic. The site where we've been working has lacked signal on EE at the foot of the hill, so every time a machine needs attention and you need to call someone, you have to drive off site to find signal, make the call and return. It's a huge PITA.

I had to replace the phone too, since running over my trusty old Kyocera KCS701 tough phone 7 weeks ago, I bought a Doogee S30 which has been awful. Laggy, glitching and constantly crashing. 

The multi network sim seems to be quite new to the UK, but for many of us might be very useful, and given that I only found out about it recently, it's worth mentioning here incase it's useful for some of us:

WWW.TUFFPHONES.CO.UK

Extend your limits with unprecedented network coverage across three major networks with TUFFMultiNet.

WWW.FWI.CO.UK

To help limit phone signal dead spots in the countryside, Tuff phones has introduced a multi-network sim card that can operate on any one of three major

42 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

It won’t work for you as you hope mate 

Maybe, maybe not. I guess I'd have recourse to cancel my contract if it's found that they aren't providing an adequate service. It's barely any more expensive than EE, and can't be much worse? That is to say, EE isn't that bad, but there are large signal black spots. 

Edited by Big J

I don't think three network supports 2g, only 3, 4, and 5g.

I`m with three, and have been for getting on 15 years, my feeling is as the network has got more popular and others using their network, like tuffphone that big J`s talking about, ID (car phone warehouse), they seem to concentrate on improving the network in towns and cities, and forgetting about rural areas, at home my signal has gone from getting mobile internet quicker than I could get from the landline, to currently not getting a signal to text. Modern phones don't seem as good at receiving signals either which doesn't help.

There is/was a firm in the lake district iirc, offering a similar multi network sim, mainly pay as you go, and didn't seem to want to know with pay monthly, unless you wanted 10`s of numbers with them.     

You might want to get a phone from India or China. Most of them come with two sim slots(dual sim phone). Normal brands such as Samsung, Lenovo etc... Both sims are active for phone at all times so you choose which one to use when you call. It doesn't matter who you are with; the network operators work independently. Numbers can be made to forward to another number when the other is not reachable so if one sim has reception people should be able to reach you even if the other has no reception. Mobile internet only works on one sim at a time though but I think that may be changing. https://www.mysmartprice.com/mobile/pricelist/dual-sim-mobile-price-list-in-india.html

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Island Lescure said:

You might want to get a phone from India or China. Most of them come with two sim slots(dual sim phone). Normal brands such as Samsung, Lenovo etc... Both sims are active for phone at all times so you choose which one to use when you call. It doesn't matter who you are with; the network operators work independently. Numbers can be made to forward to another number when the other is not reachable so if one sim has reception people should be able to reach you even if the other has no reception. Mobile internet only works on one sim at a time though but I think that may be changing. https://www.mysmartprice.com/mobile/pricelist/dual-sim-mobile-price-list-in-india.html

Don't know if my reply is for me or big J:thumbup:, I've been using a dual sim phone, with my main number diverting to the second number, instead of answer phone. Just with outgoing calls people don't know who is calling them, sometimes handy:lol:.

I think the tuffphone big J has said about is dual sim.

Edited by Craig.
more

3 hours ago, Mark Bolam said:

When we leave the EU hopefully all phones can just move towards a system of network sharing.

Like they have in Europe.

I Think its started here, local Vodafone mast shares with O2, upside you get pervious unavailable O2 signal, at the cost of a poorer Vodafone signal.