New Defender

JonnyRFT

15 hours ago, Woodworks said:

This is the only utilitarian truck that I know of on the horizon and it electric! 

BOLLINGERMOTORS.COM

We are making the world's first electric trucks at Bollinger Motors. Check out the B1 Sport Utility Vehicle and reserve...

Been on the list for one for nearly two years now! The exchange rate is going to kill the dream if it doesn’t change before it comes out.

So land rovers gonna flog their jumped up skoda yeti for the wrong side of 50k, a mate on Facebook priced one up with basic extras to 67k, yet Tesla’s pickup will start at $50k or £40k

I know which one I’d rather have to mount kerbs and park on grass verges!

7DFE300A-CAEE-4D73-8D68-497C592E5003.thumb.jpeg.efdffdddde9430926fb454991e0b2847.jpeg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Big J said:

I'd be waiting for the electric pickup from Rivian:

Rivian R1T

Looks so cleverly laid out, and 750bhp and 1124nm of torque would might light work of towing, say a medium sized artic trailer.

...for about five miles until the batteries went flat. Realistically they will need to be set at 150HP with a 'sport' mode with some asterisks in the owners handbook in the 'battery life' section.

Just now, doobin said:

...for about five miles until the batteries went flat. Realistically they will need to be set at 150HP with a 'sport' mode with some asterisks in the owners handbook in the 'battery life' section.

400 plus miles apparently. 

Have faith! The end of internal combustion cars/trucks is nigh, and I can't wait to be electric only ?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Big J said:

400 plus miles apparently. **

Have faith! The end of internal combustion cars/trucks is nigh, and I can't wait to be electric only ?

** - with optonal additional battery pack ($35,000) taking up the whole of the load bed.

I'll believe it when I see it.

21 hours ago, Woodworks said:

This is the only utilitarian truck that I know of on the horizon and it electric! 

BOLLINGERMOTORS.COM

We are making the world's first electric trucks at Bollinger Motors. Check out the B1 Sport Utility Vehicle and reserve...

I’m excited to see this. It’s not a looker at all but insanely practical for a pickup truck. The whole thing is built from a flat chassis so every part of it can be customised. And finally...good storage. Oh and 5000kg towing capacity.

Edited by JonnyRFT
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, JonnyRFT said:

I’m excited to see this. It’s not a looker at all but insanely practical for a pickup truck. The whole thing is built from a flat chassis so every part of it can be customised. And finally...good storage. Oh and 5000kg towing capacity.

It’s just the front end and headlights that look ghastly IMO don’t mind the look of the rest of it. I can’t wait until electric either- not interested in any of the current new Diesel engine stuff really and would much sooner skip to electric.

• Like 2