New Defender

JonnyRFT

17 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

but there would still be a big market for a tough, simple, powerful not too many frills pick up, surely?

I doubt it as this is the reason manufacturers have move on to  car like pick ups and away from simple solid axle 4WD.

We are a minor part of the economy and for my part I never bought new work vehicles but did buy a couple of new family cars.

Exactly- I can only think manufacturers have looked at it and deduced there simply isn’t enough of a market for it over what the pimpmobiles offer.
TBH the 79series landcruiser (pick up form)  would tick absolutely every box for me. Proper 4.2L engine- engineered to easily tow 3.5t (I’m not convinced with any of the other uk pickups on the market at the moment despite their claims). But I doubt I could afford one- think they’re north of £40k!

You never know Matt, once we’re out of Europe they may see sense and start to import them!?
Fully agree with you!
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mark Bolam said:

I know the 4x4 market is all geared towards Chelsea tractor bling these days, but there would still be a big market for a tough, simple, powerful not too many frills pick up, surely?

I can't believe not one of the manufacturers has looked at this.

There are still enough people out there who need a proper working vehicle to make it viable.

This and a few other threads has helped me realise that not everyone wants a leather lined chromed up poncemobile with a 1.2l engine tweaked to 200bhp with 300 ECUs.

This is the only utilitarian truck that I know of on the horizon and it electric! 

BOLLINGERMOTORS.COM

We are making the world's first electric trucks at Bollinger Motors. Check out the B1 Sport Utility Vehicle and reserve...

• Like 1