Muffer mod husqvarna 550 xpg mark 2

eddystihl

• 1 month later...

u got any pics of what you 

On 09/09/2019 at 22:35, outinthewood said:

Yes I did my mark 2 last week and just like my 572 which I did over a year ago it has got a bit more get up and go and cuts very well with a 18" bar. Very easy to do and again like the 572 no need to put second "port" in just open baffles up below the already large exit and you will notice a nice change !

u got any pics of what u did to show so i got an idea im interested to do mine thanks 

• Like 1

Morning, no I don't but it's very simple . Remove muffler look in through the inlet and at the baffles , a load of tubing, check where the outlet is and with a Dremel or something similar using a burr or if you are very careful use a drill and a couple of differing sizes cut through the baffles and work away until you have a clear path to the outlet. Be very careful on cleaning out any swarf if you don't have an air line then you can use a hose to wash out  and a magnetic pickup tool to fish around to help. I have to do a new 560 soon so if I get a chance I'll do quick video and post it up on youtube.

10 hours ago, outinthewood said:

Morning, no I don't but it's very simple . Remove muffler look in through the inlet and at the baffles , a load of tubing, check where the outlet is and with a Dremel or something similar using a burr or if you are very careful use a drill and a couple of differing sizes cut through the baffles and work away until you have a clear path to the outlet. Be very careful on cleaning out any swarf if you don't have an air line then you can use a hose to wash out  and a magnetic pickup tool to fish around to help. I have to do a new 560 soon so if I get a chance I'll do quick video and post it up on youtube.

Petemate cut and shut my 560 can . Neat job too .