Husqvarna cutter adjustment

Countryside david

New to the forum so not sure if it's been asked or answered but I have a husqvarna 327he4x long reach trimmer. The cutter head adjustment is via a twist grip on the handle. A couple of times a year the lock position is loose which can result in the head 'dropping'.

This is particularly annoying when working the top of hedges as it can drop while still cutting and dip into the hedge.

Does anyone else have this problem and what have you done about it?

Otherwise I love the machine but wish they had a pin lock like the stihl. But I know a stihl is square shaft and the husqvarna is splined. So can't swap.

Any ideas?

David

16 minutes ago, Countryside david said:

New to the forum so not sure if it's been asked or answered but I have a husqvarna 327he4x long reach trimmer. The cutter head adjustment is via a twist grip on the handle. A couple of times a year the lock position is loose which can result in the head 'dropping'.

This is particularly annoying when working the top of hedges as it can drop while still cutting and dip into the hedge.

Does anyone else have this problem and what have you done about it?

Otherwise I love the machine but wish they had a pin lock like the stihl. But I know a stihl is square shaft and the husqvarna is splined. So can't swap.

Any ideas?

David

I have that adjustment on mine ( its a bit older , 325 I think but essentially the same ) and at first I always went to tighten it on the wrong direction but once my head had it sorted its not been a problem .  

2 hours ago, Stubby said:

I have that adjustment on mine ( its a bit older , 325 I think but essentially the same ) and at first I always went to tighten it on the wrong direction but once my head had it sorted its not been a problem .  

Used a couple of years now so definitely not the issue, just gets slack over time, perhaps a bad day on the assembly line. Just wish I knew what was possibly worn and would just replace that part. As it is the parts are expensive enough not to try hit and miss.

This is a very well known issue, so to start, tighten the 10mm nyloc nut on the pivot ( the nut with the bell vile washers under ) fully, then back off half turn, next remove the gearbox from the tube, there is a small 7mm nut on the end of the allen headed screw, tighten this nut to achieve a greater tension on the pivot ( not too tight you cannot move it ) if all else fails, remove the screw completely, and resort back to the wing bolt in the end, the only issue is you cannot put the blades in the transport position, and you loose some pivot deflection.

Screw part no. 537442301

325HE4.PNG