Planning Portal

Craig Johnson

3 hours ago, Craig Johnson said:

How do i stand, submitted a CA on the planning Portal and received a conformation that it had been sent to the council, checked the council website as they are now out of time, before we start work(light pruning) and its not there? crack on or ring the tree officer?   

It needs to be valid (i.e.contain the right information), but there's no such thing as the Council validating it. If you have confirmation of receipt and are satisfied that it was a valid notice and the 6 weeks are up, go right ahead and do the work.

Councils are required to keep a register of CA notices, few do and even fewer publicise them on their websites.

• Like 1

The above is correct about 6wks notice, but might be a good idea to contact the TO and check. I find being on good professional terms with the TO's and not a 'chancer' helps when you occasionally need their help. Just my way of working. jan.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, benedmonds said:

Where does it say it needs to be validated? Conservation area is 6 weeks notice. Notify then crack on IMO.

It doesn't but it still needs to be Valid and accepted by the council hence it needs to be validated. All my councils will send a validation letter out and its then 6 weeks from validation date, you cant just chuck an email in and count the days from that day, well you can but its a dangerous game!

Ok so validation is probably the wrong word, what I mean is I want confirmation that the council has got the notification, like attached. I always get on of these and insist on it, councils are a law to them selves and I cover my arse very well! IMG_0038.jpgIMG_0038.jpg

Some of the replies illustrate how poor some of the LA practices actually are, after even acknowledging receipt of a notice seems like hard work for some.

On the plus side, it is quite clear legally where the contractor stands. As long as you can prove that a notification has been made and that six weeks has elapsed and no more than two years have passed (and there is no TPO in place), you are in the clear. Do only the works notified! No more.

It's one of my own biggest frustrations, LAs wanting the applicant/notifier to dot the i's and cross the t's, while they are quite happy to play hard and fast with the rules and regs. 

• Like 1