How some people made their money

eggsarascal

I did a job this morning for an old boy in a big pitch in town, I asked what he used to do. He used to sell the paper that you get your fish n chips in, when he first started he used to get roll ends of unprinted paper given to him, cut them to size and deliver them locally, when he finished he'd got vans running all over the country. Anyone know of anyone who made money out of old rope?

15 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

I did a job this morning for an old boy in a big pitch in town, I asked what he used to do. He used to sell the paper that you get your fish n chips in, when he first started he used to get roll ends of unprinted paper given to him, cut them to size and deliver them locally, when he finished he'd got vans running all over the country. Anyone know of anyone who made money out of old rope?

There was a bloke in the USA that drove around in his beat up old car picking up cardboard boxes that peeps threw out .  He is now a multi million air and has books published ( you know the sort of thing ...how to make your fist million . )  

I have a friend up in Manchester who have a pretty successful family business.

My friends dad is retired now and the 3 brothers have been running the show for as long as I can remember.  He had a 911 at 26 years old, plus the family had a string of nice motors.

They sold shit to wholesalers, who sold to market traders.  You know, stuff like Christmas wrapping paper, the tatty Santa’s and snowmen that do a song and dance.  Baubles, tinsel and fairies.

I walked into his showroom once and it was like being in a small Tesco Express.  Not an inch of space on the shelves and full of cheap tat from China.  But it made them money, lots of it.

7 minutes ago, Rich Rule said:

I have a friend up in Manchester who have a pretty successful family business.

My friends dad is retired now and the 3 brothers have been running the show for as long as I can remember.  He had a 911 at 26 years old, plus the family had a string of nice motors.

They sold shit to wholesalers, who sold to market traders.  You know, stuff like Christmas wrapping paper, the tatty Santa’s and snowmen that do a song and dance.  Baubles, tinsel and fairies.

I walked into his showroom once and it was like being in a small Tesco Express.  Not an inch of space on the shelves and full of cheap tat from China.  But it made them money, lots of it.

This reminds me of the times I used to visit plogs in Bath, there is a shop called 25th December that is open all year!, it sells the very crap you talk of, it's always full of folk spending money.

• Like 1

i know a few who have done well over the years, one guy doing council contracts on renewing footpaths taking the old york stone flags and kerbs up, shipping the stone off to London where it was worth about 3 times as much, another guy buys container space on ships then sells the space on for a nice profit, another guy used to buy stacks of timber from the FC like 5 or 6000 tonnes then sell it on for 1 or 2 pound a tonne more, and a relation who would be my gt uncle ended up with a million or 2 out of collecting and selling paper and plastic animal feed bags from farms etc,

• Like 1