Jump to content
Tom D

Two Rope Working Consultation

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, AA Teccie (Paul) said:

Thank you Will. I can assure you it has been communicated, albeit perhaps not so eloquently. 

If the opportunity arises, and it is needed, I will endeavour to repeat it. 

Cheers,
Paul

 

Hi Paul

I think it might benefit you to actually read some of the responses from this consultation to the H&S HSE..

A few considered postings like mine and others.

And then say... to put it in perspective ...... And then read out  Rich Rule's Post....

And ask then how that would work?

6 hours ago, Rich Rule said:

Someone else commented that to equally compare working practices for IRATA to tree work...

 

Get the IRATA climber to install two ropes from the floor, scale to the top.  Drop back down a bit and enter a window.  Go through a room, into a corridor.  Go down a lift shaft into the third floor.  Do some work.  Back up a stairwell at the other side of building into another room then decent back the first floor for some more work then back out the window, climb back up to the top and decent over the backside of the building...

 

All the whole being connected via two ropes.  
 

It is absurd and ludicrous to think it would be a workable solution for IRATA.

 

So as tree climbers, why would we be expected to do it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, AA Teccie (Paul) said:

 

If the opportunity arises, and it is needed, I will endeavour to repeat it. 

 

 

Provide an acceptable scenario in which the opportunity to relay Rich's analogy would not arise or be necessary?

 

Stop copping out with caveats like this Paul. Demonstrate to us that the AA is indeed doing everything it can to represent the sentiments of our industry, instead if hiding behind "maybe, if it comes up". 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jamie Jones said:

Hi Paul

I think it might benefit you to actually read some of the responses from this consultation to the H&S HSE..

A few considered postings like mine and others.

And then say... to put it in perspective ...... And then read out  Rich Rule's Post....

And ask then how that would work?

All good points well made, however its based on the assumption that they actually give a toss about our opinion.

 

The whole things already gone too far to reverse, and no doubt theres a few people making some coin out of it somewhere along the line.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
All good points well made, however its based on the assumption that they actually give a toss about our opinion.
 
The whole things already gone too far to reverse, and no doubt theres a few people making some coin out of it somewhere along the line.


And that’s the danger....

I can almost hear them saying.. “they won’t like it at first, but they’ll get used to it eventually”

It’s going to have a huge impact on firms who are trying to be compliant.

The only ‘winners’ in this will be the firms that carry on under the radar.
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/02/2020 at 10:48, Joe Newton said:

Provide an acceptable scenario in which the opportunity to relay Rich's analogy would not arise or be necessary?

 

Stop copping out with caveats like this Paul. Demonstrate to us that the AA is indeed doing everything it can to represent the sentiments of our industry, instead if hiding behind "maybe, if it comes up". 

You not think that this will all end up with the  Aa selling themselves to hse so we will all have to be Aa contractors to be doing tree work? Alterier motives and all....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That would put a stop to most of the cowboys and level the playing field 🤔 also if your not a registered user you can’t buy a chain saw would push the value of our work up 🤔

could be a win win answer providing we don’t need two ropes to register 😂

3 hours ago, swinny said:

You not think that this will all end up with the  Aa selling themselves to hse so we will all have to be Aa contractors to be doing tree work? Alterier motives and all....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Will C said:

That would put a stop to most of the cowboys and level the playing field 🤔 also if your not a registered user you can’t buy a chain saw would push the value of our work up 🤔

could be a win win answer providing we don’t need two ropes to register 😂

 

Not sure myself....

It will cost you a fortune to be fully certified with AA. And there will always be people who won't be registered with AA.

As for not being able to buying a chainsaw unless you are... Will never happen because sales will drop massively and the cost of a chainsaw will rise massively, possible 10 fold.

They even sell top handle chainsaws at my local builders merchants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, silky fox said:

 

Thank you for the update..
Followed the link and it only goes to an update... Is there a link to the updated version of ICOP?

Edited by Jamie Jones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Featured Adverts

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.