Two Rope Working Consultation

Tom D

2 hours ago, AA Teccie (Paul) said:

Thank you Will. I can assure you it has been communicated, albeit perhaps not so eloquently. 

If the opportunity arises, and it is needed, I will endeavour to repeat it. 

Cheers,
Paul

Hi Paul

I think it might benefit you to actually read some of the responses from this consultation to the H&S HSE..

A few considered postings like mine and others.

And then say... to put it in perspective ...... And then read out  Rich Rule's Post....

And ask then how that would work?

6 hours ago, Rich Rule said:

Someone else commented that to equally compare working practices for IRATA to tree work...

Get the IRATA climber to install two ropes from the floor, scale to the top.  Drop back down a bit and enter a window.  Go through a room, into a corridor.  Go down a lift shaft into the third floor.  Do some work.  Back up a stairwell at the other side of building into another room then decent back the first floor for some more work then back out the window, climb back up to the top and decent over the backside of the building...

All the whole being connected via two ropes.  

It is absurd and ludicrous to think it would be a workable solution for IRATA.

So as tree climbers, why would we be expected to do it?

14 hours ago, AA Teccie (Paul) said:

If the opportunity arises, and it is needed, I will endeavour to repeat it. 

Provide an acceptable scenario in which the opportunity to relay Rich's analogy would not arise or be necessary?

Stop copping out with caveats like this Paul. Demonstrate to us that the AA is indeed doing everything it can to represent the sentiments of our industry, instead if hiding behind "maybe, if it comes up". 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Jamie Jones said:

Hi Paul

I think it might benefit you to actually read some of the responses from this consultation to the H&S HSE..

A few considered postings like mine and others.

And then say... to put it in perspective ...... And then read out  Rich Rule's Post....

And ask then how that would work?

All good points well made, however its based on the assumption that they actually give a toss about our opinion.

The whole things already gone too far to reverse, and no doubt theres a few people making some coin out of it somewhere along the line.

• Like 6

All good points well made, however its based on the assumption that they actually give a toss about our opinion.

The whole things already gone too far to reverse, and no doubt theres a few people making some coin out of it somewhere along the line.

And that’s the danger....

I can almost hear them saying.. “they won’t like it at first, but they’ll get used to it eventually”

It’s going to have a huge impact on firms who are trying to be compliant.

The only ‘winners’ in this will be the firms that carry on under the radar.
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1

On 03/02/2020 at 10:48, Joe Newton said:

Provide an acceptable scenario in which the opportunity to relay Rich's analogy would not arise or be necessary?

Stop copping out with caveats like this Paul. Demonstrate to us that the AA is indeed doing everything it can to represent the sentiments of our industry, instead if hiding behind "maybe, if it comes up". 

You not think that this will all end up with the  Aa selling themselves to hse so we will all have to be Aa contractors to be doing tree work? Alterier motives and all....

That would put a stop to most of the cowboys and level the playing field ? also if your not a registered user you can’t buy a chain saw would push the value of our work up ?

could be a win win answer providing we don’t need two ropes to register ?

3 hours ago, swinny said:

You not think that this will all end up with the  Aa selling themselves to hse so we will all have to be Aa contractors to be doing tree work? Alterier motives and all....

8 minutes ago, Will C said:

That would put a stop to most of the cowboys and level the playing field ? also if your not a registered user you can’t buy a chain saw would push the value of our work up ?

could be a win win answer providing we don’t need two ropes to register ?

Not sure myself....

It will cost you a fortune to be fully certified with AA. And there will always be people who won't be registered with AA.

As for not being able to buying a chainsaw unless you are... Will never happen because sales will drop massively and the cost of a chainsaw will rise massively, possible 10 fold.

They even sell top handle chainsaws at my local builders merchants.