Two Rope Working Consultation

Tom D

I asked that question about 5 weeks ago.  Expecting an answer is like expecting them to take note of any of this discussion...  it isn’t going to happen!

Just the fact that they have looked at and then completely dis-agreed with the findings of the HSE/Lane 2004 report shows they have a really big axe to grind over this.

I think the big danger with any over-zealous, badly thought directive (like this one) is that people will see what a load of bollocks it is and ignore it.

That may lead on to them ignoring other directives because of the precedent, but some of those may be extremely well thought out and totally relevant, like eye protection.

The whole thing is quite frankly a disgrace.

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

I think the big danger with any over-zealous, badly thought directive (like this one) is that people will see what a load of bollocks it is and ignore it.

That may lead on to them ignoring other directives because of the precedent, but some of those may be extremely well thought out and totally relevant, like eye protection.

The whole thing is quite frankly a disgrace.

... The only time i get Beech  or oak sawdust in my eyes is when i wear safety glasses. My huge eyebrows catch all of it perfectly well. Wearing safety glasses means it gets dislodged an ends up in my eyes. K

19 minutes ago, Khriss said:

... The only time i get Beech  or oak sawdust in my eyes is when i wear safety glasses. My huge eyebrows catch all of it perfectly well. Wearing safety glasses means it gets dislodged an ends up in my eyes. K

You think that’s bad, try sourcing 3 eyed goggles necessary for work in Cornwall!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

You think that’s bad, try sourcing 3 eyed goggles necessary for work in Cornwall!  

It's a mutation that will prove it's worth in the future, as prosecution for using yr mobile phone whilst driving is based on a binocular setup, yr 'Cornish eye' will see you right K

• Like 1

I'll keep it short. 

What a joke..

The arborictural  association! Representative of our industry. Misrepresentation of our industry since at least 2005 to my limited knowledge. What a bunch of £££ grabbing fools. (Imo). Or are all the company's who have given their hard earned money fools?.. I don't think so. 

I am just a lowly freelance arborist who works for quite a few AA acrededted company's as well as others who are holding standards high without the (badge of honour) thrown out by the AA..

If you want to read my opinions on this twin rope topic you can find it hear..

I am wondering why all AA acrededted companys don't just tell the AA to go fu$k themselves! ?

If I was a business person I would have done so year's ago. Wtf do they do for us? 

Proven disregard and misunderstanding  for wahr is the very least... 

Now we all face the consequences of the backlash of the hse due to them not picking up on this failure and subsequently having legislation pushed without robust investigation 

As previously published 2004 papers (hse funded)  that had impact at the time should have had at least some transparency in the current (draft) icop.

Not going to go over previously well put points by many people.. 

I still feel and know that I take my and any team I work with hse issues  in the highest regard. I have compiled to many regulations (that make sense) this one does not! Over the time I have been involved in this industry.

I would urge everyone to not consider this as a viable option to safe working practices within the rope access, work positioning within treework/arboricultuure. 

We are not rope access we are very unique. 

We should be given at least the opportunity to defend ourselves (independently) 

Rant over.. for now...

#fata 

#noncompliance 

Edited by Konstantly
  • Like 10

4 hours ago, Konstantly said:

I'll keep it short. 

What a joke..

The arborictural  association! Representative of our industry. Misrepresentation of our industry since at least 2005 to my limited knowledge. What a bunch of £££ grabbing fools. (Imo). Or are all the company's who have given their hard earned money fools?.. I don't think so. 

I am just a lowly freelance arborist who works for quite a few AA acrededted company's as well as others who are holding standards high without the (badge of honour) thrown out by the AA..

If you want to read my opinions on this twin rope topic you can find it hear..

I am wondering why all AA acrededted companys don't just tell the AA to go fu$k themselves! ?

If I was a business person I would have done so year's ago. Wtf do they do for us? 

Proven disregard and misunderstanding  for wahr is the very least... 

Now we all face the consequences of the backlash of the hse due to them not picking up on this failure and subsequently having legislation pushed without robust investigation 

As previously published 2004 papers (hse funded)  that had impact at the time should have had at least some transparency in the current (draft) icop.

Not going to go over previously well put points by many people.. 

I still feel and know that I take my and any team I work with hse issues  in the highest regard. I have compiled to many regulations (that make sense) this one does not! Over the time I have been involved in this industry.

I would urge everyone to not consider this as a viable option to safe working practices within the rope access, work positioning within treework/arboricultuure. 

We are not rope access we are very unique. 

We should be given at least the opportunity to defend ourselves (independently) 

Rant over.. for now...

#fata 

#noncompliance 

Having thought about this directive from hse,my own opinion is, a part of the problem seems to be,we are spread out all over the uk,and the scenario of us all under the one roof,union meeting,so to speak,withe hse reps present,to hear our voices,ie the opinion of what seems to be the majority of the guys at the sharp end of this unique industry.ok we all have the internet,but it disnae beat the face to face on ROAR of the majority,to put this bloody stupid practice back to the archives where it belongs.Tried it out yesterday,first climb this year,so fitness levels not up to par,only a smallish beech take down,no payment,favour for a mate,thank goodness,quite a hairy bugger with a lot of droopy young growth,huts and a greenhouse in the dz,the bloody strain and stress of pulling a drt x 2 and riggin was to say the least fkn horrendous,writing this,this morning the body feels like ive been trampled by a heard o wildebeast.        but hey ho who am i to speak out against the higher echelon of this industry {HSE, AA}? anywhore off to throw another cuple o painkillers doon the thrapple. be safe.

• Sad 1