Two Rope Working Consultation

Tom D

@Jake Andrews from memory NPTC was a 2m pendulum. Which aint a lot. K

Nice Khriss,
Thanks for the info, I don’t think I’ve ever seen or heard of our maximum swing potential before to the point where I thought it didn’t exist.
Not only is it not a lot, it’s currently impossible with our current working practices. This is definitely where srt should not be discouraged as one of its safety benefits is the easy placement of redirects.

1996 was my tree climbing certification an old Mr Mills at York college sent us up a fine Oak n drilled it into us " high anchor as possible or you will struggle through the tree crown all day- redirect out an redirect an redirect out. Then yr sat in yr harness all day"  i dont think he was far wrong. K

• Like 2

On 18/12/2019 at 19:45, Bing! said:

Well this is what I was having a crack at today......

We had our first rescue refresher day under the new regs so we attempted to get it all done within the new rules. One guy is currently going through cs39 so was our example, it looks a proper faff and it was hard work. Our test set up was basically straight up with the anchor points relatively close to each other, no one was keen to traverse through the crown.

Would be good to get some examples of systems up for viewing/review....

thumbnail_20191218_123520.jpg

I like the look of that system

Edited by stihlmadasever

4 hours ago, Mr. Squirrel said:

Here's an entertaining watch for everyone...

Cutting edge my arse.

I love videos like this. Any time that someone tells me the training standards in this country are anything less than laughable, I can show them it. I usually use the one with the slow motion heroic blower tutoring.

My Christ. Now they should start that video with them trying to isolate two separate anchor points with the throw line then proceed with what I just watched then follow that video up with banging up a srt basal anchor and getting up . I can't afford to take that long accessing a tree, nor can my customers ?

• Like 2