Two Rope Working Consultation

Tom D

1 hour ago, Khriss said:

Nope Kev ( tho I am not on FB) get the glove puppets out n mime it fr me. K

Glove puppets not my forte K.

Geez is approaching half way through a take down.  Takes a top out and just realises a split second too late he's actually tied into it...

Questions...

- Throws chainsaw away - not on a strop?

- If only using 1 TiP why? - It doesn't appear to be a DIYer at work.

- If 2nd TiP had been in a high point in the other side, what would the consequence be?

- If applied to the discussion point over 2 TiPs / 2 separate ropes would it 'not have happened' or would 2 rope / 2 Tips have made it worse?

Sorry for the pics, they are not nice but I salute the guy for sharing his own video so that others may learn (or re-learn) that speed kills.

Wishing our American cousin a speedy recovery and much respect for sharing.

Screenshot 2019-12-10 at 21.09.07.png

Screenshot 2019-12-10 at 21.09.48.png

Screenshot 2019-12-10 at 21.10.03.png

Screenshot 2019-12-10 at 21.10.13.png

Screenshot 2019-12-10 at 21.10.23.png

Screenshot 2019-12-10 at 21.10.43.png

Screenshot 2019-12-10 at 21.10.55.png

• Thanks 1

With due respect to the guy above and I too wish him all the best with his recovery, but what has this to do with two rope working?

Let’s face it, he’s very lucky to be alive in the first place. I question the groundies on this one. It’s too big a section to fell out for them to not know he was about to drop it. So why didn’t they try and stop it (although I have no evidence they didn’t tbf). This is more of a video to promote radio working within the team than two rope working.

• Thanks 1

Looking at this list more training is needed, not more ropes for the climber to get wrong. IMO 95% (rough guess) is climber error or kit failure poss from lack of proper inspection 

more kit won’t solve this just increase climber error and more kit not to bother to check/look after

WWW.TREES.ORG.UK

<p class= lead bold mb10 >This article contains brief examples of the falls from height reported to HSE under RIDDOR.</p> <p>All injured persons were arborists.</p> <h3 class= dgreen...

Also as a after thought will more kit increase risk taking “because the other rope will save me”???

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Will C said:

Looking at this list more training is needed, not more ropes for the climber to get wrong. IMO 95% (rough guess) is climber error or kit failure poss from lack of proper inspection 

more kit won’t solve this just increase climber error and more kit not to bother to check/look after

WWW.TREES.ORG.UK

<p class= lead bold mb10 >This article contains brief examples of the falls from height reported to HSE under RIDDOR.</p> <p>All injured persons were arborists.</p> <h3 class= dgreen...

Also as a after thought will more kit increase risk taking “because the other rope will save me”???

The often neglected law of unintended consequences.....