Working on tree's over the canal...

swinny

2 minutes ago, Gary Prentice said:

I wonder where you stand with sawdust? 

Legally I believe that leaves from trees are free agents and fall where they will without legal recourse to the owner. I kind of imagine that sawdust doesn't have the same legal protection and somewhere along the line has a responsibility for it. 

Just musing.

Lol far end of a fart lol

Not a clue to be fair. I told the sawdust to go back on the customers land... I was totally out numbered and out gunned and it all.ran off.officer :(

Edited by swinny
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, swinny said:

Lol far end of a fart lol

Not a clue to be fair. I told the sawdust to go back on the customers land... I was totally out numbered and out gunned and it all.ran off.officer :(

The sawdust could be classed as building materials for any beavers that come for a vacation. Help it stick it all together you know and 100% organic.

I bet this could catch on

28 minutes ago, EdwardC said:

Of course you are a professional arborist. You have public liability insurance, will do a risk assessment method statement, provide assurances to the neighbouring land owner over whose land the trees oversail that all will be well, and have your clients best interest at heart.

From your description of the extent of the overhang it seems that you will have no choice but to enter the Trusts property, you will also be leaving a mess/waste/pollution on their property, and there is a potential to cause damage to their, and others, property. Why anyone should be surprised that the Trust seek assurances about what you are doing I don't know.

You have two choices;

1. Take the advice from others on here and accept the potential consequences for you and your client or, 

2. Engage with the Trust, demonstrate your professionalism and competence, explain what services you can offer to them and so use this job as a means of getting a foot in the door and work from the them.

All the above is correct and I am co operating with them.

One point of conflict is... I don't need to enter their property....

Can you really define air space as property?

Also what is there really to damage? It's over still water.

Passing boats are only the same as passing cars or pedestrians to work around. 

Edited by swinny

24 minutes ago, EdwardC said:

Of course you are a professional arborist. You have public liability insurance, will do a risk assessment method statement, provide assurances to the neighbouring land owner over whose land the trees oversail that all will be well, and have your clients best interest at heart.

From your description of the extent of the overhang it seems that you will have no choice but to enter the Trusts property, you will also be leaving a mess/waste/pollution on their property, and there is a potential to cause damage to their, and others, property. Why anyone should be surprised that the Trust seek assurances about what you are doing I don't know.

You have two choices;

1. Take the advice from others on here and accept the potential consequences for you and your client or, 

2. Engage with the Trust, demonstrate your professionalism and competence, explain what services you can offer to them and so use this job as a means of getting a foot in the door and work from the them.

Definitely go for option 1. Bollocks to them. 

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 3

... and who doing your job would want to work for CaRT?, the only way to get your gear near the job on most occasions would be to march it along the tow path, then you'll wait 90 days on your money.

The land off side, (non tow path side) as got nothing to do with the trust.

Edited by eggsarascal