Working on tree's over the canal...

swinny

Anyone had any dealings with working on tree's overhanging the canal? 

Customer has informed the canal and river trust about some works to be done. Some tree's to remove. 

They've asked for public liability ins, date for work, rams and to sign an indemnity form. 

As far as I'm concerned we are not entering the water course. All to be rigged back to customers land.

Been told without submitting the info we / customers cannot do the works / remove their tree's.  Laughable

How daft is that? The tree's are the customers on the customers land and the canal and river people say we cannot do the works without sending the info through to get a permit to work.

I'd never had rang them personally...

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Paul Cleaver said:

They charge the electric companies for any work on any tree, which involves going on their land, even if it involves just having a banksman on the canal side for safety reasons, or blowing a bit of sawdust off the tow path.

As Stubby said - just crack on

My thoughts exactly... Tree's span to 1/3 into canal but no where near the toe path etc. Balls to a bit of sawdust drifting... They can have that for free lol 

All lads be on customers side at all times

Everything rigged and pulled back to customers side.

Using bio oil and even been and bought eco plugs which is probably a lot more than some would do

Edited by swinny
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gary Prentice said:

First mistake.

Next we'll be asked for all that before lifting Mrs Miggins Apple tree from over next doors garden.

Still I suppose it keeps some office dweller in employment.

Yup... I said well it's up to you, I wouldn't and it could be a double ended sword...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, swinny said:

Balls to a bit of sawdust drifting... They can have that for free lol 

I wonder where you stand with sawdust? 

Legally I believe that leaves from trees are free agents and fall where they will without legal recourse to the owner. I kind of imagine that sawdust doesn't have the same legal protection and somewhere along the line has a responsibility for it. 

Just musing.

• Like 2