Look for basic tree inspection course

Steve Bullman

8 hours ago, jfc said:

I got PI insurance with a basic inspection ticket. Insurers seem happy to provide cover on that basis. I sleep much better now I got pti!

Glad you got PTI m8. BTI - Its not worth the risk for Insurance companies and the insured. You know what its like in this industry,   you know a few things but you think you know more than you actually do know, PTI is great because it tailored  to combine quite a high knowledge academically  with a number of years hand on experience  in in the field.

We are running the 1 day Lantra BTI on the 30th October in the Tamar Valley, Devon/Cornwall Border. This is combined with the first day of our 3 day City and Guilds Tree Survey and Inspection Unit from the Level 3 Forestry and Arboriculture Qualification. This 3 day unit is a great stepping stone to going on to achieving the PTI. Prior to this course we run C&G units in Tree and Plant Science, Tree ID, Tree Pests, Diseases and Disorders which all go towards achieving the full Level 3 in Forestry and Arboriculture Qualification. The Tree Inspection courses are taught by Simon Scotting (also teaches Arb Association). Just call the Lynher Training office if you are interested. 01822 832232

Well, I did the BTI through the AA yesterday. As the title suggests it was very basic and not really tailored to tree surgeons. That being said, it was very well delivered and I did pick up a few tit bits of useful information. I also learned enough of my ability in a classroom environment to know that going straight into the PTI might be a big ask.

127666A7-1015-45FE-A212-D4306292932F.jpeg

• Like 1